SEO & Website Manager, Maternity Cover
Monzo (View all Jobs)
Cardiff, London or Remote (UK)
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home, & call to discuss it 3. 2-3 hours of on-site interviews (systems/behavioural)
📍London or Remote | 💰Salary dependant on experience + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
Driving thoughtful customer growth is at the core of how we’ve scaled over the past 7 years, and we’re building out our dedicated Growth Marketing team to support these efforts. You’ll play a big part in bringing Monzo to more people who we've never been able to reach before, so we get closer to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands on SEO & Website Manager to join our rapidly expanding Growth Marketing team.
You’ll feel comfortable executing across all areas of SEO, from technical fixes to content production. You’ll work closely with the wider marketing and martech teams to help deliver our plan for power-growth through the website, improving website content, experience and conversion rate.
You’ll have the chance to collaborate with our data team, our Marketing Engineers, our Product Marketers, Writers, creative teams, and external agencies to help us take Monzo into our next phase of growth.
- Implement and build on our existing keyword strategy
- Work with our copywriters to create SEO optimised copy for core website and blog
- Monitor and resolve technical SEO issues, with help from our web engineering and martech colleagues
- Manage our Digital PR agency to drive high quality coverage and links
- Work with our ASO agency to optimise our listing, monitor visibility and run app store testing
- Own site migration, ensuring redirects are correctly implemented, site adheres to Core Web Vitals and monitoring for errors arising from the migration
- Own SEO reporting
- Advise on how SEO can be utilised for wider marketing campaigns and initiatives, including supporting wider marketing team in understanding seasonal keyword trends
- Monitor the competitive landscape to uncover new opportunities
- Work with the wider growth marketing team to plan user journeys for BAU and campaign activity
- Working with Product Marketing, CRO and Paid Search teams to improve conversion rates across the website
You will love this role if you...
- Like working across the full spectrum of SEO, from complex technical tasks to content planning and creation
- Are data driven, comfortable analysing large volumes of data and drawing your own conclusions
- Are proactive, always looking for opportunities to drive more sessions and sign ups
- Feel comfortable stepping outside the SEO box and getting involved with conversion rate optimisation and user journey planning
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves three main stages:
- Recruiter Call (30mins)
- Initial Call (30 mins)
- A take-home task (1 week turnaround)
- x2 interviews via Google Meet (x2 45-60mins)
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions or want to talk through reasonable adjustments ahead of or during application please us at any point on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰Salary is dependant on experience ➕stock options
📍This role can be based out of our London office next to Liverpool Street station in a hybrid approach of office based and home working or fully remote within the UK
⏰We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄