Payroll & Benefits Analyst
Civis Analytics (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project and discussion via Skype 2. Pair programming exercise
What we do
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
The Payroll & Benefits Analyst plays an integral role on our Operations team. The P&B Analyst administers and establishes an innovative pay process and benefits programs, to benefit the company and our employees. A successful candidate demonstrates strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability and willingness to align themselves to our company’s business objectives.
You will have the opportunity to take ownership of one of our companies most important assets, our employees. The right person will be resourceful, possess top notch people skills, and a knack for making data driven insights. If you think this sounds like a fun challenge, we’d love to talk to you!
- Continuously innovate and optimize our payroll process and benefits programs
- Enroll employees with carriers and process life status changes through the HRIS system
- Interface and build strong business partnership with internal departments and senior management
- Work with our vendors to take the lead on all implementations of file feeds and updates within the HRISsystem
- Accurately administer multi-state payroll process and benefits programs
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations, and other similar responsibilities
- Serve as primary payroll contact within company and payroll provider
- Ensure our payroll procedure and benefits program stay compliant with federal, state, and local municipality tax regulations and laws
- Perform regular audits of payroll, employee tax setup, benefits bills, and 401K data
- Manage transactional aspects of HR such as benefit administration, legal/compliance documentation, maintenance of internal systems
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts
- Create, design, and distribute all benefits enrollment materials
- Respond to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other general inquiries within a 24 hour timeframe
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA
- Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Provide quarterly reporting on time off, benefits enrollment, and other requests
- Is the point person for all benefits related compliance and reporting including, but not limited to: 5500s and the annual401(k) audit
- Promote ancillary benefit programs to increase enrollment
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel or Google Sheets
- Strong experience with state registrations, tax forms, unemployment insurance, COBRA, and state tax distinctions required
- High-functioning, working knowledge of relevant payroll related standards, codes,, regulations, and other related requirements
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and sustain positive interpersonal relationships with employees and management
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly document, record, and maintain information and data
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity
- 2-3 years of end-to-end payroll and benefits administration
- Experience with Paycom as a payroll administration tool
Who we are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄