Software Engineer, Deployments Team
InfluxData (View all Jobs)
1. Technical and non-technical interviews 2. Pair programming with prospective manager and multiple prospective teammates
$100,000 - $194,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading time series platform. We empower developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, Siemens, and Tesla, to build real-time applications for IoT, analytics, and cloud native services. Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by sensors, applications and computer infrastructure. InfluxData is headquartered in San Francisco, with a workforce distributed throughout the U.S., Canada, and across Europe.
Are you a software engineer who enjoys automating things and developing tooling to support and enable other development teams? Do you enjoy the challenges that developing for scale brings with it? The InfluxData Deployments team develops and owns the development tooling and the fully automated CI/CD pipeline for our Kubernetes based multi-cloud database. Our focus is not on deploying kubernetes but on making the deployment of an application into kubernetes smooth. This year, we've got some major new projects that we need your experience and help in getting done. Instead of deploying applications to 10s of clusters, we want to deploy to 1000+s of dedicated clusters. In these next generation dedicated clusters, we’ll be building from scratch and they will be scalable from the ground up.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, develop and maintain a fully automated CI/CD pipeline
- Developing tooling to support multi cloud native deployments in a multi-tenant, dedicated, or on-prem environment.
- Creating solutions to give developers fast feedback on code changes during development and deployment.
- Contributing fixes and features back upstream to open-source tools used in the pipeline.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert, working cross-teams to ensure the components of offerings are designed to be cloud native.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience including familiarity with modern container orchestration and deployment technologies.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining well structured, fully automated CI / CD pipeline
- You enjoy cross-team collaboration and work well asynchronously with a remote team around the world
- You have written, tested, shipped and maintained software in programming languages such as Go, Rust, Python, or similar in a professional environment
- You have experience with Kubernetes clusters in at least one of the following clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
- You have experience working closely with teams deploying software to multiple regions in multiple clouds
- You have experience and thoughts regarding the following topics:
- Kubernetes controllers
- Regularly deploying small batches of changes to production, versus less frequent and larger batches
- Deciding on a canary, blue-green, or other deployment strategy
- Understanding of the test pyramid
- Experience with ArgoCD, FluxCD or Spinnaker
- Building applications in Kubernetes or contributions in the kubernetes ecosystem
- Systems programming experience
- Experience with configuration management languages
Pay Transparency at InfluxData
InfluxData takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The offered starting salary will be determined based on the candidate’s job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. Ranges are evaluated on a periodic basis and are subject to change at the Company’s discretion.
Zone 1 Range: $100,000 - $194,000
Zone 2 Range: $83,000 - $162,300
To find a location’s zone designation or for additional information, please speak to your recruiter.
In addition to a competitive base salary, InfluxData offers comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible paid time off, home office or co-working reimbursements, and participation in InfluxData’s equity program (where applicable).
We offer fantastic benefits for full time employees; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To view our EEO is the Law Poster click HERE
If you need extra accommodations for the interview process, then please reach out to the recruiting team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄