Partnership Builder (Common Voice)
Mozilla (View all Jobs)
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
$44,833 - $54,796
Half a million people around the world have contributed to Mozilla Common Voice. They are language activists, software engineers, researchers and artists and they speak more than 100 global languages. MCV is part of a wider effort within Mozilla to mitigate bias in Artificial Intelligence by building open tools and innovative, practical resources. The Common Voice datasets have been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times by technologists around the world in all kinds of organizations.
We are supported through multi-sector investments from government, foundations and technology companies.
About this role
We are looking for an exceptional partnership builder to support the Common Voice team. Your role will be to identify partners from across the ecosystem, with a particular focus on technology organizations of all scales. You will work closely with the Product Lead and Technology Community Manager to map the speech AI ecosystem, and build relationships with high potential partners. Your work will be guided by our ethos of movement building, and you will be accountable for significant funding goals - targeting at least $1.5 million to be spent on the platform over 3 years - alongside understanding our particular governance needs as an open-source community project.
You will initially be engaged for 12 months, at 2.5 days per week, with the possibility of extension and/or expansion subject to performance review & organizational priorities.
- Build a pipeline of partners for the project, with a particular focus on supporting data consumers to invest back into the project (especially: for profit technology organizations, research entities with substantial grants etc)
- Engage internally with collaborators around the organization, ensuring there is alignment and clarity
- Engage with the Product Manager around any MCV platform needs to support efforts - for example changes to partnership pages, or tapping into Donate stacks through the Foundation microsite
- Deepen partnerships with said organizations and guide them through to fruition
- Identify other aligned funding opportunities, for example tenders and CFPs
- Spot opportunities beyond financial investment for collaboration and ecosystem building (for example, events, training, mobilisation, competitions or grant-making)
- Structure insights for the Product Lead to deeply understand enterprise partner needs, in order to shape platform capabilities and the wider project roadmap
- Work with the Technology Community Manager to identify new data partners, and raise our profile with them
- Deeply listen to, and grapple with, the governance and community issues entailed by particular engagements - we are a community-first project
- Represent MCV in spaces of interest, including conferences, networks and events
- Be tenacious, self-motivated and difficult to daunt - you will be the first person doing this job
- Have the confidence and credibility to represent and advocate for MCV with senior external collaborators and high impact partners
- Have fantastic communication and interpersonal skills - easily adapting to very different cultures and processes
- Be ferociously organized, with great attention to detail - ensuring a great exploration and on-boarding experience for partners
- Be credible with technologists and technical partners who want to talk in detail about MCV’s platform and dataset
- Have 3+ years of senior experience in sales, partnerships, fundraising and/or account management
- Technology experience would be a significant advantage
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. We also welcome applications from all backgrounds to this role
We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.
- Germany: €38,987 - €47,650 (mid-point: €43,319)
- UK: £23,442 - £28,651 (mid-point: £26,047)
- Canada: $44,833 - $54,796 (mid-point: $49,815)
- US: $42,154 - $51,522 (mid-point: $46,838)
Depending on the successful candidate’s location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, mid-point, and the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £25,552 - £31,230 (mid-point: £28,390)
- Toronto: $48,375 - $59,125 (mid-point: $53,750)
- New York: $46,706 - $57,086 (mid-point: $51,896)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄