Senior Software Engineer (Go/K8s)
Doximity (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA or Remote (U.S.)
1. Phone screen 2. Take-home (2-4 hours) 3. 2-3 Tech interviews. Discussing take-home, work experience, how you'd solve real-world problems 4. 30 min debrief with engineering lead
$175,000 - $220,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
- You’re a software engineers with years of experience and a deep understanding of software engineering practices.
- You have a deep understanding of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes. Bonus points if you have operated containers in production.
- You’re proficient in Golang. Bonus points if you have written container based tooling in Golang.
- You are proficient with Unix, AWS, and Git.
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself and your own queue.
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team.
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time.
- You can dedicate about two weeks per year for travel to company events.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Help build a container-based self-service infrastructure for product engineering teams.
- Work side-by-side with the rest of devops and infrastructure team to empower other engineering teams.
- Design and implement secure and easy-to-use tooling and abstractions for other teams to leverage.
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for the services owned by your team.
- Help ensure the stability and uptime of services within the organization.
- Create concise post-mortems in the event of an outage.
- Write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
The US total compensation range for this full-time position is $175,000 - $220,000 (inclusive of salary + equity) Our ranges are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the approximate total target compensation for the position across the US. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including relevant skills, experience, and education/training. Please note that the compensation listed does not include benefits.
More on Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Family planning support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Wellness benefits…plus many more!
More About Doximity…
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄