Distributed Systems Engineer, Database
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
The Compute team at Stripe is in charge of building the core infrastructure used by product teams to build micro-services which support our business. This includes defining and driving the vision necessary to achieve best of breed scale and availability. Some of the technologies that we work with include Linux OS & Kernel, Kubernetes, and AWS EC2. We continuously invest in building new distributed services and scaling existing technologies while working with various teams to meet their current and future needs.
Stripe’s infrastructure powers businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, help entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, and more. The Compute organization is composed of teams that manage our OS components, cloud infrastructure, Linux servers, container orchestration, and deployments.
What you’ll do
As a Distributed Systems Engineer for Compute, you will be part of a team that is in charge of building the core infrastructure used by product teams to build micro-services which support our business. You will also build a great customer experience for internal Stripe teams using your infrastructure and play a key role in enabling Stripe’s infrastructure to power all of our products, globally and at scale.
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Design, build, and maintain distributed cloud infrastructure services
- Work on scaling, automation, reliability and observability of infrastructure services
- Operate your service, debug issues, and support customers
- Participate in roadmap planning and prioritisation
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement
- 2-10 years of professional experience in a software development role
- Experience in managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience using one of the major cloud providers - AWS/Azure/OCI/GCP
- Experience with Linux OS
- A strong engineering background in infrastructure services
- Experience developing, maintaining and debugging distributed systems
- Experience with ops culture and a deep understanding of metrics, alarms and dashboards
- Experience in a development team in AWS/Azure/OCI/GCP
- Experience with Go
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄