Partner Experience Team Lead
Pie Insurance (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen with recruiter 2. Technical screen in the form of a pair-programming session to debug and test existing code 3. Final round is a multi-round session that typically includes demonstrations for backend, frontend, and design skills (and they are collaborative in nature) but are not odd Leetcode style questions. There is also a cultural/behavioral fit round, but that does not involve coding/design demonstrations.
The Partner Experience Lead will be instrumental in leading the Partner Experience team. This role will support the Manager in identifying, driving, and implementing process improvements to ensure the highest level of partner satisfaction and leading the team in process and strategy. Driving the company’s execution and achievement of its acquisition, onboarding, partner engagement, and overall partner experience, resulting in additional production from our partner channel. They will assist in setting priorities, and performance expectations and align the work the team is doing to achieve their goals and department strategies. Additionally, they will work across other teams as a liaison for Partner Experience to ensure collaboration and cross-functional deliverables.
This role is expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. This role may require up to 10% travel to our Denver and/or DC offices.
How You’ll Do It
Essential Functions As Team Lead:
- Overall Leading of the PX Team
- Head daily operations and serve as a resource to the team, to answer questions and resolve day-to-day issues.
- Assist in executing Daily Team Huddles.
- Executing Weekly 1:1’s with each direct report to provide coaching, mentoring, and actionable feedback for each direct report.
- Assist in monitoring and managing staff workload and responsibilities. Ensure adherence to deadlines while maintaining high-quality work products and thorough documentation within our CRM.
- Assist in building, maintaining and executing new partner acquisition training, processes and pipelines.
- Facilitate new hire training by ensuring employees know about and are enrolled in all applicable instructions to position them for success in the role.
- Act as a role model for the company culture and values.
- Support team with any and all daily activities as needed.
- Strategy and Process Improvement
- Identify, drive, and assist in implementing process improvements or new initiatives while troubleshooting and identifying roadblocks proactively and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the constant improvement and streamlining of business development, partner management, and internal processes.
- Collaborate and partner with internal business group leaders to drive improvements across all teams to ensure a best-in-class experience for our partners and customers.
- Supports the creation of business cases and proposals for business future needs and advocacy of the team.
- Support Driving Results of the PX team
- Oversee team execution of processes, strategy and performance against KPIs and OKRs including but not limited to acquisition and production goals, onboarding, and outbound initiatives.
- Assist Partner Experience Manager in the Development of individual performance plans for each rep.
- Planning for optimization of the overall team and individual productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Act as liaison to other departments for cross-functional collaboration
- Advocate for our partners and our team while participating in team meetings, projects, and in daily communications.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive process improvement opportunities.
- Recognize the goals of the business and how changes may impact internal and external partnerships and workflows.
The Right Stuff
- A high school diploma/GED is required. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in customer service or outbound sales roles is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of insurance experience is required.
- Prior experience in leading a sales team and pipeline management is highly preferred.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and continue to develop individuals to ensure their maximum potential. Strong ability to understand and manage the emotions of others.
- Communication Skills. You have demonstrated interpersonal and influencing skills. You have the ability to collaborate with other departments in order to facilitate a better customer and team experience.
- Detail Orientation. Sharp attention to detail and organizational skills. You can also identify gaps in the organization and will review your work, addressing the gaps and fixing errors with minimal direction.
- Time Management. You have a sense of urgency and will act promptly when issues arise, or action is needed. You also have a high capacity for managing multiple concurrent tasks and a large pipeline of customers
- Process Driven. You enjoy finding opportunities to create, automate and improve processes to ensure the best delivery of people services.
- Leading by Doing. You have a Can-Do Attitude that is demonstrated daily, encouraging your team to mirror these efforts.
- Leader and Coach: Someone that knows how to model our core values effortlessly, build relationships across Pie, collaborate with ease, and understands how to be an owner and accountable. Will continue to learn how to mentor and coach to get the best out of their team members.
- Problem Solver. We are each learning every day. We need someone with experience that can apply solid problem-solving rationale and logic to the most complex issues and solve them for the customer, the team, and Pie.
- People Champion. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results-driven, team-oriented environments.
- Ability to perform active listening, understand reluctant participants, pursue collaboration, and provide appropriate solutions with interdepartmental team members as well as external partners.
- G-Suite Tools, Slack, Salesforce, Five9 & Looker experience preferred. Strong excel abilities are necessary to assist in further data analysis.
Base compensation for position: $85,000
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The on-target earnings (OTE) is approximately $106,000, and is based on successfully meeting standard metrics and key productivity indicators.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄