Full Stack Engineer III, Python
Calendly (View all Jobs)
1. 45 min chat with engineering director 2. Take-home assignment 3. All day technical & cultural fit interview. Tech assessments include system design, extension of the takehome assignment, and bug fix pairing.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you will have the opportunity to help us build and cultivate a product used by millions worldwide. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. In this role, you can expect to work autonomously and troubleshoot independently, as well as pair program and work with cross-functional teams with the priority of creating a great experience for our customers.
Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system in order to efficiently deliver our product solutions. The successful individual will write well tested software and grow into a full stack specialist with a product mindset. You will learn to be comfortable working in multiple technologies such as Python, React, PostgreSQL, Flask, Docker, and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience building products end-to-end and is comfortable coding the full stack and building web apps. Top candidates are proactive, product-minded, have user empathy, and have the desire to build something people want.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build and Integrate the first Complex Interview Scheduling product millions of Calendly users
- Work with our design and product teams to build products for Recruiting Solutions
- Actively engage with our quality assurance team on implementation and testing strategy
- Work end-to-end to deliver features - from customer discovery, product design, technical design, coding, testing, shipping, and iteration based on customer feedback
- Work closely with our support team to give all users an incredible experience
- Review tech specs and pull requests from other engineers
- Advocate strong foundations in technical architecture while maintaining high velocity
- Improve our engineering systems and processes; we run an agile process with sprints and iterate continuously
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 5+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Experience with Python is nice to have, but not required; we know the best engineers will learn languages as needed
- Experience with React is nice to have; we expect you to have built web apps and UIs
- Excited to design simple software systems to complex problems
- Strive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄