Senior Quality Engineer
Optoro (View all Jobs)
1. Take home exercise. 2. Review your code onsite.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
As a Subject Matter Expert the Senior Quality Engineer leads the quality and testing process on a cross-functional Product Team, acting as a point of contact to resolve issues, clarify requirements, and coordinate testing of parallel releases. This person demonstrates strong documentation and communication skills at all stages of the testing process.
- Work within a cross-functional team to craft and improve test practices
- Help your team members identify, prioritize, and manage risk
- Work with product managers and dev leads to define and refine requirements
- Plan and execute both manual and automated testing
- Manage tickets in JIRA, including the identification, logging, tracking and triaging of bugs
- Ensure all software deployed meets exit criteria and agreed risk levels
- Work with developers and DevOps to implement test automation
A successful Senior Quality Engineer will:
- Fully own the quality process for their product team.
- Accurately assess the risk in a given release, and clearly and succinctly communicate that risk to relevant stakeholders.
- Formulate and execute test plans that are appropriately detailed for the level of complexity of a change or release, the time available, and the acceptable risk level.
- 5+ years in in Software Testing
- 2+ years testing web applications
- Experience testing complex architecture and/or applications with minimal UI
- Experience with a variety of testing tools and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Knowledge of automation tools like Cypress, JMeter, and Newman
- Experience with API tools like postman, insomnia, and jmeter
- Experience with Agile, Ruby and Kubernetes
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a 4 year college (or equivalent)
- Competitive base salary, benefits and equity plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Perks for Parks Program
- Summer Fridays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k match
- Sabbatical at 5 and 10 year anniversary
- Outside learning opportunities for career development
- Opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do and also like to have fun
This role is remote eligible in the following states: California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia. The pay range for this position is $110,000-$135,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is also eligible for a full range of benefits including stock options and annual bonus.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄