Frontend Architect (Remote)
Splice (View all Jobs)
Remote - U.S.
1. Call with recruiter 2. 4 hr take-home project 3. Video interview w two engs on take-home exercise 4. Video call with hiring manager 5. Video call w VPE & principal eng to talk about architecture.
Programming Languages Mentioned
We're looking for a hands-on Frontend Architect who can guide our frontend teams in building experiences that delight existing musicians, and help the next generation of artists create that first track they've always wanted to make. You'll facilitate technical decisions; make prototypes and proof-of-concepts as well as production code; write and review RFCs and other technical documentation, all while keeping artist needs at top of mind. If you want to make a big impact on the future of how music is made, this role is for you.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development of the frontend architecture for new projects and features, including the selection of technologies and frameworks
- Examine key design decisions and business goals that have significant effects on the architecture, consider various competing considerations, and effectively communicate the results to relevant parties
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in product, design, data, and customer experience to understand business priorities on a multi-year time scale
- Refine high-level business strategies into a technical roadmap that can be prioritized, sequenced, and executed by engineering teams
- Facilitate pragmatic decisions based on business priorities about when to pay down technical debt
- Ensure that the frontend codebase is maintainable, scalable, and easy to understand for other developers
- Mentor and guide other frontend developers on the team to improve their skills and knowledge
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in frontend technologies and best practices, and help the team adopt new techniques and approaches as appropriate
- Work closely with backend engineers to define the APIs and data structures that the frontend will consume
- Troubleshoot and debug complex frontend issues, and work with the team to come up with solutions and fixes
- Contribute to the development of project schedules and plans, and help the team stay on track and meet deadlines
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the continuous improvement of the codebase through refactoring and the implementation of new design patterns and approaches.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience leading the development of frontend architectures for large-scale projects, with a focus on maintainability, performance, and approachability for engineers of all experience levels
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding of design principles and user experience design
- Experience with responsive web design and the ability to create websites and applications that work well on a variety of devices and screen sizes
- Strong debugging skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and fix complex issues in the frontend codebase
- Experience with instrumenting applications and websites for data collection and analysis, and the ability to use data to inform design and development decisions
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with GraphQL and Apollo
- Proficiency developing Electron apps
- Experience with full-stack development, preferably in Go
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $192,500- $217,500. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄