Full Stack Engineer, Billing Experience
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Remote in North America
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Join Stripe's Billing Experience team to build user-facing products that help people quickly start, efficiently operate, and easily scale businesses with recurring payments without code or complex integrations. Our users depend on our products to make it easy for themselves and their customers to manage subscriptions and payments. We deliver these capabilities at scale to manage millions of recurring payments a day, for businesses ranging from exciting, fast moving startups to large, world-spanning companies.
Billing Experience team members have the opportunity to work on a broad variety of problems. They are responsible for developing beautiful user experiences such as Stripe’s dashboard for users to manage their subscriptions business and Stripe's Customer Portal to help businesses manage long term relationships with their users. They also work on making it faster and easier for users to onboard and go live with Stripe Billing — and there’s more on the way.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a few superb product-focused engineers that are passionate about delighting users, developing modern architectures and constantly learning from users and each other. If you enjoy solving the toughest problems of a rapidly growing global user base at startups and large enterprises alike, this will be a great opportunity for your career.
- Build elegant software and user experiences used by millions of customers worldwide, with a high bar for design, fit, and finish
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the next generation of Stripe’s architecture, to meet the high growth needs of our company and customers for years to come
- Own solving problems end-to-end across a variety of systems and services, in close collaboration with other engineers on your team
- Actively participate in setting strategic direction and making product decisions, working closely with product managers and other cross-functional leaders
- Work closely with our users to understand their needs and to build products that help them run and scale their businesses successfully on top of Stripe.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- You have a minimum 5 years of experience in full time software development or a similar role
- You are a full stack engineer with an affinity for frontend development
- You are customer focused and find satisfaction in building intuitive and delightful user experience and products that help others be more effective
- You have strong technical foundations and have experience working with complex systems at scale
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic with engineering tradeoffs
- You enjoy data modeling challenges and have a high bar for keeping your solutions expressive yet simple to use
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄