Sr. Software Engineer, Plugins (Remote)
Splice (View all Jobs)
Remote - U.S.
1. Call with recruiter 2. 4 hr take-home project 3. Video interview w two engs on take-home exercise 4. Video call with hiring manager 5. Video call w VPE & principal eng to talk about architecture.
$175,000 - $200,000.
Programming Languages Mentioned
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Audio Apps team, you'll work with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to deliver features to music producers. Using your knowledge of software development, you will create, maintain, and deploy application features across Web, Desktop, and Mobile. You'll have the opportunity to shape the creative flow of musicians while working with multi-talented, creative and inclusive teammates.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Solving problems with code, without code, and sometimes by deleting code
- Writing native code in Java/Kotlin, C++, Swift, or Objective C as needed
- Rapidly iterating and experimenting with new concepts for creative workflow
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product decisions and review future implementations
- Authoring RFCs to propose new feature implementations, or improvements to existing ones
- Sharing with your teammates, whether it's mentoring another engineer, or posting something awesome you just learned
- Participating in code reviews to shape our code—and the way we think and talk about our work
What we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production quality software.
- You have an earnest desire to learn new things.
- Experience with JUCE
- Expertise with WebAudio
- You share our vision.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code in an agile environment.
- You are comfortable integrating with APIs, and mocking data in the absence of an available endpoint..
- You thrive on delivering quality work under tight deadlines.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with WebAssembly and Emscripten
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Experience with Flutter/Dart
- Experience with React Native, in the absence of Flutter experience
- Experience with Native mobile application development
- Experience with audio engineering and/or digital signal processing
- Experience playing an instrument, singing, and/or using music creation software
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $175,000 - $200,000. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄