Senior Security Software Engineer
Mozilla (View all Jobs)
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
Programming Languages Mentioned
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
The Firefox team is a community of engineers who care deeply about delivering the fastest, safest, most usable web browser possible. We are responsible for making the things you see in the browser work securely, quickly, and well! As a key contributor on the CTO team, you will help us make fundamental improvements to how Firefox and the Web work, thus strengthening privacy and security for hundreds of millions of users throughout the world.
Do you enjoy working on some of the hardest problems facing the Internet? Do you like to collaborate with smart, creative engineers across the industry and academia? Are you interested in writing performant, secure code, and delivering it to hundreds of millions of people? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Feel good about your work again! Pursue your future while working to protect the future of the internet for everyone, everywhere.
What You'll Get To Do
- Lead Mozilla’s efforts to fully encrypt Web traffic.
- Identify and apply techniques for measuring the current state of Web encryption.
- Define technical, business, and social solutions to making web encryption ubiquitous.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, co-development partners, and the standards community.
What You Bring
- Solid skills in a systems programming language such as C, C++, or Rust
- Significant experience with Web and security technologies.
- Knowledge of security analysis and threat modeling.
- Effective and persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for protecting users.
- Strong industry relationships.
- Good diplomatic skills.
- The tenacity to steadily improve the Web.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1712
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄