Senior DevOps Engineer
Splash (View all Jobs)
Remote (Spain or The Netherlands)
1. Recruiter Screening 2. Hiring Manager Screen 3. Onsite - 3 interviews. 1 live coding exercise, but google allowed. Systems design and behavioral. 4. Sometimes 1 more interview w/ management
Programming Languages Mentioned
Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we’re looking for 🔎
Join our growing engineering team as we extend Splash into brand new markets. Our modular software and scalable cloud infrastructure allows us to be stable and flexible as we provide SaaS features to our free and paid clients. We deal in workflow, efficiency optimization, and bulk data manipulation. We are building out an API-driven service-oriented architecture using PHP, Go, Nodejs and more. Our vision for the future is continuously evolving, with plans to introduce microservices into our infrastructure this year. Our roles not only involve understanding and contributing quality code to our existing architecture, but also being a key part of the initiatives that will lead us forward.
You’ll be responsible for assessing the complexity, design solutions for new features, implement, and iterate on your product. You'll have the opportunity to become the leader of your projects and other critical initiatives that are important to you and Splash.
The development and product teams are at Splash's core and contribute directly to the success of our team and company. We're proud to belong to a company where we continuously challenge each other to level up our skills and techniques - and we expect all our engineers to be inspired and evolve our conventions and tools.
In this role, you’ll get to…
- Successfully implement and rollout a microservices’ architecture and infrastructure
- Ability to scale products to support enterprise customers
- Optimize engineers’ software development throughput and performance.
- Help implement an international strategy across our infrastructure and services.
- Decouple older architectural, monolithic systems and update with modern approaches.
- Directly contribute to increasing platform uptime and SLA metrics.
- Provide engineers with scalable and safe service management.
- Spread good energy and enthusiasm to the rest of the team. Find the fun!
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have…
- 3+ years experience as DevOps, SRE, or similar.
- 2+ years experience with microservices in production.
- 2+ years production level Kubernetes experience.
- 2+ years production level Docker experience.
- 2+ years working in an Agile Framework environment.
- Experience with Observability tools (Datadog, New Relic, Elasticseach, Kibana)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code in production. (Terraform, Crossplane)
- Experience with AWS, GCP, and/or Azure. experience.
- Familiar with Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Not a dealbreaker, but it’d be great if you had…
- 6+ years total professional experience.
- Competency in Kafka (AWS MSK)
- Competency in Python, Golang, Ruby or similar.
- Ideally a year of Software Engineering experience.
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer…
- 💰 Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success 📈
- 💻 Brand new MacBook Pro / Linux and monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses.
- 🏥 Great healthcare benefits with Sanitas, with paid coverage for you and your family
- 🌴 Plenty of vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
- 🗺 Remote first organization
- ✍️ If you are based in Spain, a full-time indefinite contract (contrato indefinido).
- A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it 😉
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. We have a yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
If you’re interested in joining the team, apply below and you can expect to hear from us soon 🙂. Please give us at least 2 weeks to get back to you. We promise we’re not ignoring you, playing Pokemon all day, or listening to the new J. Cole album on repeat (even though it’s 💯 ). It just takes a little TLC to go through all the applications and see if there’s a possible fit for you here.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you are looking for, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay and make sure there’s fair pay among those you’ll be working with. The base compensation amount for this role is targeted at €60,000-€80,000. In addition to your cash compensation, every full-time employee will be able to participate in our employee equity program. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including your experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above. What we can’t quantify for you are all the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Please click here to gain invaluable insights from our Splash Culture Book.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄