Splice (View all Jobs)
New York, New York, United States
1. Call with recruiter 2. 4 hr take-home project 3. Video interview w two engs on take-home exercise 4. Video call with hiring manager 5. Video call w VPE & principal eng to talk about architecture.
$82,500 - $107,500.
Splice’s Content team is responsible for creating the building blocks of music creation. We aim to provide musicians with unprecedented access to the world’s best collaborative content. From LA's iconic Sound Factory, Anguilla's Music Academy studios, London's Tileyard, Studio Laboutique in Dakar and field recordings of Icelandic glaciers, we record the world, then make it available to musicians everywhere. We work closely with artists, sound designers, vocalists, instrumentalists, field recordists and more to create the world’s best, most comprehensive library.
As a Catalog Manager, you will be helping prepare world-class content for release on our storefront and ensuring the highest level of quality across our ever-growing and increasingly diverse catalog. The position is fully remote, based in the US, and reports to the Director, Catalog.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
Why Splice Catalog Team?
The Catalog team exists at a vital point in our Sounds pipeline - we make sure all of the content created by both our internal Production team and external partners 1) meets technical requirements, 2) is consistently and accurately organized, and 3) is easily accessible to all customers through our Sounds product experience - whether they’re searching for something specific or just looking for that next spark of inspiration. The Catalog team has the most holistic knowledge of the content library, and directly powers core aspects of Splice’s search, data, AI experiences, licensing and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Upload and assign descriptive tags to a wide range of creative assets for release on Splice Sounds including audio samples, VST presets, and MIDI files
- Collaborate with fellow team members and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the smooth launch of new content each day
- Perform quality review on both incoming and existing content from third parties to ensure adherence to Splice’s technical and quality guidelines
- Provide technical feedback to both internal and external content stakeholders on their content submissions
- Build and maintain processes to track our ever-evolving content pipeline and maintain consistency across all content
- Support Sounds curatorial efforts using catalog data and individual expertise
- Collaborate with our Product & Engineering teams on tooling and classification systems that serve Catalog needs
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in music production
- A deep understanding of music production and audio processing including familiarity using audio samples, MIDI, and virtual software plugins
- A wide knowledge of musical instruments, and a passion for digital tools that ease the creative process
- A comprehensive understanding of both established & contemporary music genres, as well as current trends shaping the landscape
- You’re highly organized and self-motivated, with the ability to effectively meet deadlines
- You're autonomous, taking ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail
- You’re an effective communicator who can provide written technical feedback and navigate moments of tension with compassion and optimism
- Familiar with Google workspace and collaboration platforms like Airtable
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity. You’re eager to adapt & grow in response to new obstacles & opportunities
- You care deeply about quality
Nice to haves
- Experience using the Splice Sounds
- Experience working at a fast paced and high-growth organization
- Experience uploading & assigning metadata to musical content
- Experience with ethnomusicology and/or a deep understanding of musical subgenres
- Familiarity with music copyright, content licensing, or rights management
- A love for creator culture
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $82,500 - $107,500. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄