Staff Machine Learning Engineer
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why We Need You:
We’re looking for a staff-level engineer and a proven technical leader passionate about successfully collaborating with data scientists and engineers to run machine learning models in production. We expect you to understand the requirements from the Data Science, and Product teams and drive alignment with Engineering teams on design patterns and best practices to support the business.
You are expected to anticipate data science & engineering-related bottlenecks, suggest escalation and investment wherever necessary, communicate immediate and long-term technical as well as strategic solutions and trade-offs, and will possess an excellent capacity to manage time. In addition, you will demonstrate emotional intelligence as you navigate stakeholder relationships championing and scoping the organization's data science and machine learning initiatives.
How you contribute to our vision: Key Responsibilities
- Build and improve the capabilities that enable and accelerate the production of machine learning (ML) based solutions
- Drive and define standards for data engineering across the organization
- Provide guidance, technical leadership, and mentoring to other members of the team
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches addressing potential systemic pain points and technical debt
- Mentor junior members and participate in scaling up the existing team
- Develop a long-term plan for data science investments
- You have 8+ years of experience building, designing, and evolving data architecture for large-scale systems
- Experience working with Product teams ensuring and driving a timely delivery
- Have a deep understanding of the trade-offs to be considered when designing and delivering machine learning solutions to production
- Demonstrated experience with data modeling, database design, extract transform load (ETL) processes, working with unstructured data, and cloud-based data infrastructure
- Awareness of and experience with ML processes (exploration, training, deployment), technologies (services, packages), and infrastructure (AWS)
- Passionate about data/ML engineering and interested in driving discussions with stakeholders and executives
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄