Risk & Control Analyst, Product
Monzo (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home, & call to discuss it 3. 2-3 hours of on-site interviews (systems/behavioural)
📍London OR UK Remote| 💰 £42,000 - £58,000 + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Risk & Controls Team:
Like any other regulated bank, we need to ensure we’re managing risk and controls, and compliance with regulation. But at Monzo, we want to do so while enabling our teams to take an agile “test and learn” approach to launching products.
You’ll have a role in helping our Risk & Control Discipline ensure we successfully roll-out and embed our risk management framework across the first line. Your primary area of focus will be Personal Banking, Business Banking, and Wealth. These collectives will turn to you for guidance on fostering a strong risk culture that distinguishes us in both banking and technology.
What you’ll be working on:
As a Risk & Control Analyst, you will use your passion for risk and control to drive an environment that supports the mission and strategy of our product collectives. We are looking for someone who has the desire to work on risk and controls across a variety of collectives, squads, products, and projects. You will assist with performing control testing, interpreting and collating management information and reporting packs, audit and compliance assurance document requests, risk assessments for product launches and changes, and action tracking.
You'll be responsible for:
- Helping to manage and keep track of all governance-related initiatives (e.g. issue, incident and action tracking; regulatory or audit deadlines; risk and control reporting etc) to make sure we don’t miss deadlines.
- Executing design and operating effectiveness control testing to ensure that we have a complete picture of the control landscape.
- Identifying, escalating, managing, and reporting risk and control deficiencies.
- Developing your risk management knowledge to support teams in building new controls and processes.
- Innovating and finding new ways to build effective governance and risk management processes.
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders across the three lines of defence to help develop a real understanding of our risk exposure, control environment, deficiencies and gaps by embedding good risk and regulatory management practices.
- Supporting the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process.
- Participating in the application of operational risk policies to create lasting solutions for minimising exposure to people, conduct and operational risks and the associated consequences, by identifying failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Contributing to risk assessments (RCSA) and drive actions to address root causes
You should apply if you:
- Have worked in financial services, a regulated environment, professional services, or at a FinTech with some experience and understanding of risk, controls, or compliance.
- Have experience with control management, incident analysis, risk reporting and governance packs, or control testing
- Have a good understanding of industry risk standards and practices and are keen to learn more!
- Are excited about helping Monzo scale in a compliant, thoughtful and controlled way
- Are curious and collaborative - you’re great at asking incisive questions to pick things up, get to the bottom of problems, and act on them quickly
- Are a master communicator, able to facilitate discussions, and influence others to gather meaningful feedback and support on your work
- Thrive when managing multiple deadlines through to completion and have excellent attention to detail
- Are resilient and comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment where the day-to-day job is constantly evolving and changing
- Are hands-on and great at execution
- Are a self-starter and autonomous, able to make prioritisation decisions
Not essential, but highly beneficial:
- Experience working with product or engineering teams
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves up to 4 stages:
- Short call with a Monzo Business Recruiter
- Short task to be completed at home
- 1 - 2 45 minute interviews (conducted via GoogleMeet)
Our average process takes around 3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on Ops-Hiring@monzo.com
What’s in it for you:
💰 £42,000 - £58,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for training courses and conferences ➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Applications close: 6pm on 26th January
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄