Shogun (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion about software development and past experience 2. Code samples 3. Paid trial period.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
We are looking for candidates located in the United States and Canada for this position.
What You'll Do
Our Page Builder product helps ecommerce businesses create exceptional shopping experiences with a powerful no code drag-and-drop visual builder. Page Builder is used by more than 35,000 brands across the world and has over 2,600 5-star reviews on the Shopify app store.
In this role you will be owning the Page Builder product and will have the opportunity to work with a team of high performers and ship things fast - over the past few weeks we have delivered Page Builder Sections for Shopify, Drag-and-drop page creation for Shopify Hydrogen, Drag-and-drop page creation in Shogun Frontend and much more! As a servant leader your role will include defining work and creating timelines to meet business goals, bringing out the best in your team by removing barriers, sharing a compelling vision of the future, fostering an inclusive environment and developing people in their careers.
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams with a history of developing highly available, scalable, and robust services for SaaS products.
- You are passionate about user experience and creating the best in class tools for ecommerce store owners.
- Experience with measuring performance of both people and products.
- Experience growing engineering teams through hiring and career development.
Nice to have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, GraphQL, Redis, and Postgres
- Experience with ecommerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce
A Note to Future Shogies
We know the and can get in the way of meeting potential Shogies. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong. We encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer (Varies by Location)
- Competitive salary
- Company-sponsored healthcare, visioncare, dentalcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement plans with matching contributions (401k, Pension, and RRSP)
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- Yearly company and department off-sites
- Home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly home office productivity reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- PTO, sick leave, holidays, Shogie appreciation days, COVID-19 related time off
- Learning and Development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellbeing offerings
- Quarterly Wellness reimbursement
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion, and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: We strive for transparency and operate with high integrity. We value diverse feedback and give insight to both our Shogies and clients.
- People are People: We believe everyone should be treated with respect. We seek to understand teammates and clients through questions and feedback.
- Win and grow together: We are all on the Shogun team, and love to see teammates and clients succeed. We challenge, learn from, help out, and cheer each other on as we continue to grow.
- Biased to Action: Agility and ownership in all that we do. We deliver value to each other and clients iteratively and quickly.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship. Click here (or click apply if no hyperlink) if you are a New York or Colorado-based, US candidate.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄