Staff Software Engineer, Webflow Labs
Webflow (View all Jobs)
US Remote or Remote
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Paid 3-5 day freelance contract project
$151,000 - $208,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Webflow Labs team. Webflow Labs is a team within Webflow building new products focused on pushing the boundaries of visual development. We’re hiring technologists and engineers to focus on prototyping new software development workflows and services. One example of this is DevLink, a new tool that enables Webflow to generate React UI components. If you have a passion for rapid prototyping, building novel web services, and talking to customers, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
- Location: SF HQ or Remote
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $151,000 - $208,000 for most US locations and $168k - $231k for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll …
- develop new capabilities and extensions on top of the core Webflow product.
- work closely with your team to identify high-impact opportunities.
- drive technical initiatives from execution toward delivery.
- engage in rapid feedback cycles from customers.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Software Engineer if you:
- Have 5-10+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments.
- Have 2+ years of experience tech leading teams, including helping scope and breakdown work .
- Are comfortable playing a product manager who can steer the strategic direction of a product
- Have experience working across the full software engineering stack - Frontend, Backend & Infra
- Have experience with cloud services: edge compute, CDNs, distributed data stores
- Have experience working with internet scale architectures and workloads
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Staff Software Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄