Senior Cloud Database Engineer - Remote
Pager (View all Jobs)
US - Remote
1. Short phone interview 2. Conversational interviews 3. Take-home exercise 4. Discussion
Programming Languages Mentioned
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors, and other members of the care team together through secure chat, voice, and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes, and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine how consumers interact with their healthcare.
Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors, and other members of the care team together through text, voice, and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes, and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine how consumers interact with their healthcare.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Database Engineer to develop and deploy tools for database infrastructure management, automation, and monitoring for our engineering team. The ideal candidate will have prior work experience with database administration, including, but not limited to, database migrations, NoSQL/SQL databases, key-value stores, and message buses, with a proven ability to develop infrastructure as code at a high standard of excellence. We would like to find a candidate who can take on significant technical and theoretical challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
This position can be worked remotely from anywhere in the US.
You are a good fit if:
- You have 6+ years of professional experience as a DBA.
- You have directly contributed to managing and deploying multiple database schemas at scale in production.
- You have architected and managed database migrations/upgrades.
- You have expertise in cloud-based database deployments.
- You have a strong foundation in adhering to best practices related to coding and software engineering in general.
- You have a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and previous experience working within an Agile environment.
- You have a strong background in automation tools, containerized software development, and computer networking.
- You have experience developing CI/CD pipelines for infrastructure.
- You are smart and get things done.
- You like to research and dig into tasks and problems with tenacity.
- You want to have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the things you build.
- You enjoy learning new things, staying up-to-date with cutting-edge technologies, applying knowledge acquired through research and documentation, and seeing yourself as a self-starter.
Your day-to-day will look like this:
- Our objectives are simple; provide a secure, resilient, and error-free platform to our clients and smooth deployment pipelines for the team. You are expected to research, plan, architect, and execute tasks that help us improve all aspects of our environments and platform.
- Although your sprint tasks and day-to-day objectives initially will revolve around databases, we expect you to grow, learn and execute a variety of infrastructure tasks on the tools in our platform.
- In addition, the platform team plays a major role in the daily support of the greater team with all aspects of the developmental life cycle, CI/CD processes and pipelines, releases and infrastructure management.
Technologies that the Platform Team currently uses:
Knowledge in several of the following technologies from database and infrastructure perspective is imperative:
- Databases: MongoDB, Atlas, PostgreSQL, CloudSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ and PubSub
- Additional tools: Helm, Kubernetes, Terraform, VPCs, Vault, Spinnaker, Docker, Cloudbuild, StackDriver, DataDog, Velero, Git
- Bash, Python, NodeJS, Ruby, GO
- Bachelor's degree in information science, computer science, or related field and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Certifications in relevant technologies are a plus.
For Colorado, Nevada, and New York-based employment: In accordance with the Pay Transparency laws, the pay range for this position is $115,000 to $140,000. The compensation package may include stock options plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial, generous PTO, stipends for professional development, and wellness benefits. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. The range listed only applies to Colorado, Nevada, and New York.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄