Engineering Manager, Wallets
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s payments products have helped to accelerate many of the world’s most innovative companies, and the Payments Methods team owns one of Stripe’s most critical workflows, a platform that processes billions of dollars in payments annually. The Wallets team builds and maintains local payment methods relevant to Stripe’s merchants and their buyers (like ApplePay, GPay, CashApp, MobilePay, etc). The team is focused on increasing the coverage and adoption of locally preferred payment methods for all our users. This is one of the few places in the world where moving information literally means moving money.
What you’ll do
- Work on a high-visibility team with a significant impact on the company’s bottom line
- Work with leaders from across the company to create and drive toward the longer term vision of Stripe’s Local Payment Methods
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- A track record of leading productive engineering teams
- Successfully recruited great people to your teams
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- The desire to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- A genuine excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- The ability to be clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- The ability to lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- Enough technical sense to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Experience as an engineering manager who has mentored other engineering leaders
- Technical know-how to facilitate good architectural and product decisions by the team
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄