Staff Fullstack Software Engineer (Credit Card Shopping)
NerdWallet (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
1. Code review phone screen 2. On-site project to build a functioning app with interviewee's platform of choice
$152,000 - $282,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Do you want to be a part of a high-impact team on the highest revenue-generating vertical at NerdWallet? The Credit Card Shopping engineering team is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help drive our long-term software strategy. In this experiment-driven team, you will work closely with our Performance Marketing group and product management to create best-in-class user experiences designed to help our users discover the right financial solution in our mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
On the Credit Card Shopping team, we believe that autonomy and a safe space to use your creative abilities and talents to come up with the best solutions for our users. You will have the opportunity to grow and mentor other engineers, build highly-performant, quality software, and be a leader in planning and designing our applications.
Over the next 6 months, here are some things you might work on:
- Analyze and improve the performance and efficiency of our most highly-trafficked areas of NerdWallet.
- Help design our solution for our new Credit Card Shopping application that is still in its infancy phase.
- Be a leader in putting together our technical roadmap for how we will rebuild our legacy credit card shopping applications into a performant, efficient, and scalable web application.
- Build tooling for our team’s internal processes.
- Lead our team in designing the new data infrastructure for all of our credit card products.
Where you can make an impact:
- Contribute to our most important asset - our team culture. We are a collaborative team that talks a lot and we rise and fall together. Never individually.
- Mentor other engineers on the team in their quest to improve their skills and leadership abilities.
- Contribute to making our end-to-end software development lifecycle as fast and efficient as possible.
- Grow our technology stack using React, Typescript, GraphQL, and MaterialUI.
- Establish solid relationships with our business partners and gain trust from the business.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Expert in ReactJS
- Expert in TypeScript
- Strong NodeJS
- Strong GraphQL
- Familiarity with NextJS
- 8+ years in a professional software engineer position
- 4+ years designing data models and database design
- 2+ years working on a public facing website (Should understand: SEO, ADA, responsive, etc)
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $152,000 - $282,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄