Software Engineer, Applied Technologies
Enigma (View all Jobs)
New York, NY OR Remote
1. 2-part takehome project 2. Pair programming exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
As a Backend Software Engineer in the Applied Technologies Group, your job is to help build and support critical systems in financial crimes prevention, and to work with our teammates and clients to solve high-impact, real-world problems.
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge - You will be building and scaling high-throughput, high-availability ML-driven systems on cloud infrastructure. These systems drive critical decision making at multi-billion dollar companies.
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies - Our systems integrate new technologies for database, search, inter-process communication, micro-services, vertical scaling, batch scheduling, and more.
- Ownership - The Applied Technologies team is solving some of the world’s most critical challenges. An ideal candidate is an engineer looking to grow their responsibilities and work with the team to have a significant technical and business impact.
- Growth - The Applied Technologies business unit is a highly profitable entity that plays a pivotal role in Enigma’s overall success. We provide large, stable clients with specialized capabilities essential for their business operations, and we are looking to expand our market share in 2023.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Builds scalable, highly-available, high-throughput systems, deployed in cloud and on-premises environments
- Solves problems with containers, cloud infrastructure and infrastructure as code (we use Docker, AWS and Terraform)
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested code (we use Python)
- Gets excited when working as part of a motivated, collaborative team
- Identifies problems that others aren’t seeing and makes sure they get solved
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Enigma’s Applied Technologies is a specialized team that builds and deploys software to leading institutions to identify and stop financial crimes in their tracks. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data and systems — together. If this opportunity resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $160,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄