Jane Technologies (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Practical interviews based on position the applicant is seeking
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, Python, R
Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. As the cannabis industry's first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience.
To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
What You'll Do:
The Analytics Engineer at Jane Technologies designs, develops, and supports data pipelines and business intelligence applications that power our reporting for internal business objectives and external customers. You will serve as the subject matter expert for business intelligence products and metrics for our entire data team. Day to day, you will build data models in dbt and utilize that data to develop BI dashboards that drive data-driven business decisions. Additionally, you will partner with senior product and technical leaders to inform product decisions and continue increasing the sophistication of Jane's data analytics practice. This position will be at the forefront of establishing and showcasing the power of data-driven insights in the nascent industry of cannabis.You will report to the Product Lead.
- Design, create, and maintain analytics-friendly datasets easily consumable by technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models that power internal and external analytics products.
- Work with data engineers to develop data schema to optimize BI user experience and data warehouse cost efficiency.
- Develop and improve BI products with data scientists to generate actionable insights for cannabis dispensaries and brands across North America.
- 3+ years working as a data analyst or analytics engineer.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL for scalable data pipelines.
- 3+ years experience with one or more reporting tools such as Looker, ThoughtSpot, Periscope, PowerBI, Hex, etc.
- Experience using dbt for managing data pipelines
- Experience with python and/or R for statistical analysis
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical teams
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience required
What We Offer:
- Great compensation package and equity
- Remote friendly work environment with employees throughout the US and Canada
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Unlimited PTO, and home office stipend
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄