Sr Portfolio Manager
The Nerdery (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home exercise
About Nerdery and Being a “Nerd.”
Nerdery is a digital product consultancy. Much more than consultants, we’re allies and guides on our clients’ digital journey – helping them to grow their business and delight their customers through intuitive, thoughtfully designed technology. As true partners, we prepare our clients for the opportunities in front of them, help them achieve their goals, and quickly deliver value for their customers. We do this by solving problems in creative ways across strategy, design, and technology.
At Nerdery, we’re not defined by our job titles but by the impact we make. You’ll work directly and closely with some of the world’s best brands to help create innovative digital products that serve everyone. As Nerds, our insight, innovation, and expertise are celebrated, and our growth is not only encouraged but expected. Being a Nerd means stepping up and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re curious, fearless (well, not totally fearless – there are heights and spiders, after all), and always our authentic selves.
We are looking for a Sr Portfolio Manager to join our team! We invite you to check out the details below and consider whether becoming a Nerd is the next step in your career journey.
Our ideal candidate is skilled at both leading a client team and developing the skills of growing leaders; but also deepening client relationships to manage the evolution of engagements over time to maintain both revenue and margin. Ideally brings with them a strong background of working within a client delivery organization, focused on account management, financial management, delivery leadership, and people development.
- 8+ years of consulting experience in increasing levels of responsibility in a Program or Delivery Manager capacity.
- 5+ years as an Account or Engagement Manager
- 5+ years working in a Product led organization with direct leadership experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and background of operational excellence
- Strong sense of prioritization, escalation, and issue resolution
- Familiar with a variety of delivery management methodologies, including Scrum and general Agile practices
What Things Will You Do As A Nerd?
- Management and growth of client accounts owned within Portfolio (forecasted revenue, realized revenue, and margin)
- Leadership of critical and challenging client facing conversations around scope, resources, costs and timelines as an escalation point for client delivery team members
- Identify and manage costs within accounts
- Review and approve new client scopes of work entering your portfolio from the growth team
- Responsible for drafting, driving, and negotiating additional scopes of work throughout an existing product roadmap using maximum leverage
- Accountable to define and drive the delivery structure to support work within the portfolio
- Report and provide insights to leadership team on project revenue (from sales cycle through project life cycle) and project margin in partnership with Project and Program Managers
- Partner with domain leaders to develop or acquire skills within the practice areas to ensure capabilities align with growth plans
What Skills Will Help You Be A Successful Nerd?
- Experience in Digital Product
- Strong consultancy background
- Direct delivery experience
- Passionate about finding new client opportunities and an ability to lead both the organization and clients to excel
- Persuasive and clear communication skills
- Has proven experience establishing an accountable, performance driven culture through consistent, efficient processes
Are We the Right Fit For You?
The best way to get the scoop on whether Nerdery is the right place for you is to chat with current Nerds. We would be delighted to have a conversation with you and share insight into what it’s really like to work at our organization and if it’s a place where you can thrive. Our interview process will provide you ample opportunity to talk with other team members and assess whether the role is a good fit for your next chapter. Take the first step and apply today – our Talent Advocates will then reach out to you to get the ball rolling!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄