Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Textio (View all Jobs)
1. Initial screen to discuss experience and interest in a role at Textio 2. Take-home programming task is discussed during a 1-hour tech screen (on-site or remote) 3. Finally a larger take-home project, simulating real work, is discussed during an on-site presentation plus 1-1s; How we hire
$151,500 - $218,500.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio's mission is to build software that interrupts bias in communication and creates inclusive understanding between people. Our category-defining augmented writing products deliver insights into organizations' culture and language patterns, helping build more equitable workplaces. We’re looking for a conscientious Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer to help us automate and maintain our infrastructure to ensure that our systems are reliable, performant, and secure.
As an Engineer at Textio, you will collaborate closely with software engineers and data scientists to guide and review their deployments in our cloud environments. You will maintain and improve our existing processes, as well as identify and implement new technologies to support our growth. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with AWS, scripting tools (e.g. Python, CDK), cloud security, and serverless architectures.
You will be joining a welcoming and collaborative team at a company with language and data at its heart. We're seeking a new teammate who will bring experience, skills, and perspectives that complement and strengthen our own.
What you'll do at Textio:
- Leverage automation and tooling to foster service health, operability, and security
- Advise engineering teams on systems design with a bias toward reduction of risks to availability, latency, and efficiency
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling, and process inefficiencies
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation to ensure high service reliability
- Apply your experience and problem-solving skills to prevent and investigate production issues
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD processes and tooling to cultivate a DevOps culture
- Mentor other team members, developing their technical capabilities, and teaching them what you have learned about running services in production at scale
- Be part of a culture that values collaboration, inclusion, learning, and experimentation
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have designed, implemented, and maintained production systems in a public cloud that were subject to an SLA
- Have recent experience automating AWS infrastructure as code, preferably with CloudFormation and CDK
- Are experienced in building cloud-based distributed systems at scale. You possess a breadth of experience with data persistence, orchestration, and networking services including RDS
- Have a deep understanding of policies and permissions in AWS IAM and methodologies for applying these across development and production accounts
- Have proven experience breaking down large or ambiguous tracks of work into component parts that can be picked up by other engineers on your team
- Are adept at bridging your work with different audiences, by maintaining close partnerships and communication across diverse groups
- Build those around you through mentoring, sharing what you know, and balancing the perspectives of everyone
- Communicate your point of view constructively and are curious to learn from others’ points of view
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $151,500 - $218,500. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (no cap). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require any accommodation please contact our recruiting coordinator at email@example.com, who will love to discuss anything we can do to ensure a thoughtful interview experience.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/.
Reach out and share your story with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄