Machine Learning Engineer
Enigma (View all Jobs)
New York, NY OR Remote
1. 2-part takehome project 2. Pair programming exercise
This is a critical and exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them and is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates an urgent need to accelerate the build out of our machine learning capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing team. You will play a central role in improving our entity resolution algorithms, predicting the behavior of millions of small businesses and developing our machine learning infrastructure.
As a member of Machine Learning team, you will build the ML systems and infrastructure at the core of our small business data product. Your impact will be measured by the performance, testability and reliability of our ML systems.
We are looking for someone who:
- Combines a solid grounding in statistical learning with a passion for engineering scalable, low-maintenance systems
- Inspires their teammates to perform at their best while building a collaborative, supportive team culture
- Effectively manages responsibilities for the development and tuning of statistical models and the design and implementation of ML system at scale.
- Engineers best-in-class solutions for developing, testing and deploying statistical models to production environments (we use PySpark)
- Builds reusable frameworks and tooling that accelerate innovation
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge: you will build scalable machine learning systems with low costs of ownership for a rapidly evolving product
- Impact: your work product will have a direct impact on hundreds of millions of significant decisions within the massive small business economy
- Learning: We’re tackling problems with exciting data that don’t have obvious solutions. Every day brings new opportunities to learn
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 4+ years of software engineering experience with 2+ years building machine learning systems at scale
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners (data scientists, data engineers and product managers) to set clear expectations and solve common problems.
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Bonus points if you:
- Have an outstanding track record of designing and implementing machine learning systems
- Have experience working as both a software engineer and a data scientist
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values – generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive – guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $160,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄