Software Engineer, DevOps
Jane Technologies (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Practical interviews based on position the applicant is seeking
Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. As the cannabis industry's first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience.
To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
What You'll Do:
The DevOps engineer at Jane Technologies builds new infrastructures and maintains existing ones using Terraform. Day to day, you will investigate monitoring irregularities, triage alerts, and work with product teams to answer questions and plan solutions. Additionally, you will participate in daily syncs/standups to discuss in-progress work and participate in an on-call rotation. You will support the increase of new services within the business and the increased need for DevOps investment in scaling, monitoring, compliance, and security. You will report to our DevOps Lead Engineer.
- Design secure, scalable and highly available AWS infrastructure
- Build and maintain infrastructure as code
- Build and maintain tooling for deployment and monitoring of our AWS services
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide range of services
- Contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our development infrastructure and processes
- 3+ years of experience in managing highly available internet facing web applications
- Strong experience in AWS Infrastructure (VPC, EC2, ECS, IAM, RDS, etc)
- Understanding of security practices and compliance requirements
- Experience with software defined networks and internet protocols
- Experience with load balancing, proxying, etc
- Proficient with Docker Containers
- Strong background in CI/CD
- Strong skills with scripting languages
- Strong Terraform experience or other infrastructure management tools
- Configuration management experience
- Experience with monitoring and alerting (logs, events, alerts, etc.)
What We Offer:
- Great compensation package and equity
- Remote friendly work environment with employees throughout the US and Canada
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Unlimited PTO, and home office stipend
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄