Senior Software Engineer, Product - Pry (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
The Pry team is building features to help founders make the best financial decisions for their startups and thus increase the probability of success of startups in the world. We recently acquired Pry, and we have been actively working on leveraging their financial planning and analysis product to help serve startups.
What you’ll do
You will be working across the entire Brex stack, creating and maintaining new products and experiences for our customers. You will have the opportunity to learn and push the frontier of providing the best financial software experience to help companies grow. You’ll be encouraged to be metric and data-driven and to think creatively to help Brex scale and get prepared for the new markets we are about to enter. We’re looking for folks with a track record of leading complex technical backend projects with many moving pieces. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive direct business impact and shape our long-term technical vision with a high-quality bar.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features and products
- Work side-by-side with user-facing teams (Sales, Support) to best understand the needs of our customers.
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment.
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Serve as technical lead, contributing to and directing the execution of complex projects with other engineers
- Mentor software engineers and set the standard for the next generation of Brex engineers
- Proactively identify and prioritize improvements to the team’s processes, codebases and best practices
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Ruby on Rails, Kotlin, Elixir)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation of multiple technical directions and determine tradeoffs of each
- Strong propensity to make data-driven decisions on technical architecture and project prioritization
- Experience collaborating with experts in product, design, and operations.
- Basic experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience driving initiatives at a broader level across an organization or company
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
- Must be working in Brazil at the start of role.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄