Engineering Manager, Platform Security (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
The Security Engineering team is responsible for building a robust security foundation for Brex, and acts as security subject matter experts and partners throughout the company. This includes Platform Security, which consists of our Application Security and Infrastructure Security teams. The team’s mission is one the most foundational capabilities at Brex and the work has a cascading effect on the entire company.
We value the perspective and experience diverse backgrounds bring to the team.
- Build, lead, and grow successful engineering teams with a track record of delivering.
- Set and execute on team strategy, and share context by elaborating the “why”, empower everyone to achieve their best work, and drive execution of projects while setting clear expectations.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality projects at scale against tight timelines while encouraging creativity.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to pursue high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- Create and champion initiatives that drive increased ROI by increasing trust, efficiency and productivity throughout the engineering organization.
- Work with a diverse set of team members to achieve team, organizational, and career goals.
- Experience in a team lead role managing individuals on a team.
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner, apply active listening when working with others, and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- A strong understanding of security fundamentals such as secure development lifecycles, vulnerability management and threat modeling.
- Experience and knowledge of securing workloads, infrastructure and services in modern public cloud environments such as AWS.
- Ability to drive initiatives across entire engineering organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
- A proven track record of building cultures that encourage ambition and foster empathy. You will create and contribute to a healthy and collaborative culture that showcases Brex’s values.
- You have high engineering standards – you drive yourself and your teams to bring consistency to codebases, infrastructure, processes, and more.
- Previous experience with privacy engineering and bug bounty.
- You are a champion for the customer, constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create intuitive and delightful experiences.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄