Staff Software Engineer- New Product Initiative
Lattice (View all Jobs)
1. Technical exercises based on work we do at Lattice 2. Discussion of a new architecture to solve a real world problem
$194,954 - $251,985.
Programming Languages Mentioned
This is Engineering at Lattice
Lattice’s Engineering team is continuously working to better both our product and our craft. We use a modern, cutting-edge tech stack and love experimenting with new technologies. We strive for maintainable, robust, and performant code. We’re highly collaborative and continuously iterative and work closely with designers and product managers. We prioritize not only great technical architecture but also an amazing product experience.
This team is focused on our future strategy here at Lattice and is very much an incubator within our company. The team is responsible for building proof-of-concept work that we can start to reason about with our customers to get early feedback. This team and role is excellent for someone who loves experimentation and collaboration. We are extremely focused on our future selves within this team and want someone who is comfortable working in an environment with lots of change.
What You Will Do
- You’ll build software to help companies build cultures in which their employees thrive.
- You’ll work with other engineers to build and own products across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Relay, Typescript, Node.js, Next.js, GraphQL and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure.
- You’ll independently lead the execution of complex projects, including those that require cross-functional collaboration with product managers and designers.
- You’ll provide substantial mentorship to less experienced colleagues, helping to refine their technical craft and expand their knowledge.
- You’ll make contributions to our engineering practices, identifying and evangelizing improvements to improve our team output.
What You Will Bring to the Table
You have 8+ years of professional experience writing and maintaining production-level applications.
- You’ve worked with tools in our tech stack in a professional setting within the past few years.
- You’re no stranger to SQL—you know how to efficiently model data and write performant queries in a relational database like PostgreSQL.
- You know the ins-and-outs of maintaining and scaling an application actively serving customers in production.
- You seek out the root cause when debugging software defects, and champion improvements that prevent future issues.
You’re a great communicator and collaborator.
- You take care to write code that your colleagues will also own, understand, and maintain.
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You work well with designers and product managers to come up with optimal solutions.
You enjoy taking an active role in the development process.
- You love mentoring and supporting other software engineers who are newer to the industry.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the development roadmap for software projects.
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $194,954 - $251,985. This position is also eligible for incentive stock options, subject to the terms of Lattice’s applicable plans
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical insurance; Dental insurance; Vision insurance; Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance; Emergency Weather Support; Wellness Apps; Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time off inclusive of holidays and sick time; Commuter & Parking Accounts; Lunches in the Office; Workplace Amenities Stipend, Internet and Phone Stipend; One time WFH Office Set-Up Stipend; 401(k) retirement plan; Financial Planning; Learning & Development Budget; Sabbatical Program; and Invest in Your People Fund
*Note on Pay Transparency:
Lattice provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired as required by state regulations. Compensation may vary based on (a) location, as Lattice factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate skills and qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience.
Additionally, Lattice leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Lattice reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive 💪. In an age where employees have more choices than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning 🏅– and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people-centric companies. Lattice is a people success platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line 📈. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to over 4,600+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
What else does Lattice have to offer? We’re so glad you asked! We invest in our people’s personal and professional growth because that sort of growth begets business impact and personal fulfillment 🤗. We believe in the value of continued learning investments 🤓and reimbursements. We offer a competitive salary (including equity💸) and our benefits are thoughtful. We believe that taking the time for you is important and have a flexible vacation/time-off policy to prove it. We even incorporated Lattice “Recharge Days” 🔋to ensure you’re getting a break every month. Lattice has also implemented a 💻 remote-first hybrid model (team-dependent, you work from wherever makes you most comfortable). If that gets you excited, now is the perfect time to join; so bring your appetite for ownership and creation and help Lattice continue to grow! 🎉
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄