Senior Software Engineer - II, Backend
Airbase (View all Jobs)
1. Intro Call with HR or EMs 2. Small take-home project 3. Two tech rounds with Airbase Engineers (based on real world engineering problems) 4. Final values round with the Founder or Director of Engg.
Programming Languages Mentioned
- Deliver features in an end-to-end manner: technical design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership and own specific areas of the Airbase platform.
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate product requirements to engineering specifications.
- Lead code review efforts and quality efforts in your area of ownership.
- Participate in product discussions, taking ownership and initiative.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- At least 8 years experience developing web applications and backend services in a professional setting.
- You should have played a lead role in building, shipping and maintaining a non-trivial production service.
- Strong experience with Python / Django or the Java ecosystem.
- Must have an excellent understanding of how the web works.
- Familiar with modern engineering practices: code reviews, continuous-deployment, automated testing.
- Must be willing to constantly learn new things.
- Passionate about joining a small team and building a company.
Nice to haves
- A history of working on side/hobby projects and contributing to open source projects is a plus.
- You've worked at a startup before.
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄