Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Textio (View all Jobs)
1. Initial screen to discuss experience and interest in a role at Textio 2. Take-home programming task is discussed during a 1-hour tech screen (on-site or remote) 3. Finally a larger take-home project, simulating real work, is discussed during an on-site presentation plus 1-1s; How we hire
$151,500 - $218,500.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio's mission is to build software that creates understanding between people.
Our category-defining augmented writing products deliver insights into organizations' culture and language patterns, helping build more equitable workplaces. We’re looking for a creative full stack Senior Software Engineer to help us design and build Textio’s visual reporting and other insights.
As an engineer at Textio, you will collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and the product team to build the services and web applications powering Textio’s insights. We build using technologies such as React, TypeScript, Redux Sagas, Emotion (CSS-in-JS), Python, AWS Fargate, Lambda, CDK, and RDS Postgres.
You will be joining a welcoming and collaborative team at a company with language and data at its heart. We're seeking a new teammate who will bring experience, skills, and perspectives that complement and strengthen our own.
What you'll do at Textio:
- Work in a small, empowered team with teammates across Design, Product, Data Science, and Engineering to craft ground-breaking web applications and services
- Develop rich, interactive data visualizations that help customers understand their communication patterns
- Bring an experienced perspective on API design patterns to design and develop RESTful web services that run on AWS
- Create high-performance data processing services that aggregate, transform, and filter the data that power our graphical reporting
- Build integrations with third-party APIs that enable high-value customer experiences
- Lead the team’s technical direction from the early exploration of ambiguous ideas to developing a concrete roadmap for the team
- Mentor other team members, developing their technical capabilities, and teaching them what you have learned about running services in production at scale
- Be part of a culture that values collaboration, inclusion, learning, and experimentation
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have full stack experience writing production software with a cross-disciplinary team
- You're experienced building cloud-based distributed systems at scale. You possess a breadth of experience with various data persistence layers and cloud orchestration including RDS and other AWS services
- You are skilled with maintaining and extending a large Python codebase
- You have proven experience breaking down large or ambiguous tracks of work into component parts that can be picked up by other engineers on your team
- You are adept at bridging your work with different audiences, by maintaining close partnerships and communication across diverse groups
- You build those around you through mentoring, sharing what you know, and balancing the perspectives of everyone
- You are comfortable communicating your point of view and are curious to learn from others’ points of view
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $151,500 - $218,500. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (no cap). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require any accommodation please contact our recruiting coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will love to discuss anything we can do to ensure a thoughtful interview experience.
Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or have speech disabilities, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/.
Reach out and share your story with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄