Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Terminal Operator who will supervise and monitor inbound and outbound autonomous vehicles, trailers, vendors, and other equipment in order to ensure that our Terminals are both safe and efficient operating environments. This role requires the ability to operate Class-8 tractors within a yard and cross-functional collaboration and communication, a bias for action, proven experience maintaining operational quality control, and a detail-oriented mindset dedicated to continuous improvement.
In this role, you will
- Maintain a safe, efficient, and inclusive working environment
- Prepare, inspect, and monitor advanced technology assets, including Autonomous Tractors, Aurora and third party trailers, scales, etc.
- Transport equipment between facilities, when needed
- Identify opportunities for improvement and the solutions to be implemented
- Work closely with cross functional teams within the company (IT, Security, Workplace, Product, EHS) to ensure that site and infrastructure upgrades are completed in a timely manner and to the expected quality standards of Aurora. Establish and follow consistent intake cadence for equipment and supplies
- Creation of reports regarding equipment and terminal maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Be based in Palmer, TX with local, intra/interstate travel required 30-50% of time
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Attention to detail
- Proactive in finding creative solutions
- Self Starter - someone who “models the way”
- Familiar and functional with logistics dispatching processes, procedures and tools
- Logistics fleet operations experience strongly preferred
- Ability to operate independently without managerial oversight
- Thorough understanding and application of OSHA,DOT, FMCSA regulations with a working understanding of commercial vehicle equipment and inspection
- Must pass pre-employment, post-incident, and randomized drug testing in accordance with FMCSA requirements.
- Ability to interact well with outside vendors in the best interest of the company
- Commercial Driver’s License, Class-A strongly preferred, but not required.
- Previous CVSA commercial vehicle inspection certifications are a plus.
The base hourly wage range for this position is $28.00-$41.00 per hour. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄