Senior Security Engineer - Enterprise Security
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
The Senior Security Engineer - Enterprise Security is responsible for building, operating, and maintaining Samsara’s core security infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Information Security, you will collaborate with a global team of engineers to build a world-class security engineering program utilizing modern principles across corporate and product infrastructure.
You take security seriously and strive to build low-friction solutions developed in close partnership with others. You are passionate about building automated alerting and response capabilities and helping to drive insights around potentially malicious activity within production environments. You will use your familiarity with a diverse set of technologies and practices to build a leading program in our industry.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the development, deployment, and management of Samsara’s enterprise security program, including endpoint detection and response, vulnerability management, device trust, identity lifecycle management, and secure web gateways.
- Be responsible for one or more key security systems, working directly with stakeholders and vendors to ensure seamless integration and operation.
- Write documentation and runbooks around key enterprise security needs.
- Occasionally collaborate with Security Operations to provide subject matter expertise around security investigations and incident management.
- Assist with other automated security tooling, such as just-in-time access management, least privilege access, and other security engineering priorities.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Deep subject matter expertise within enterprise security, including extensive experience managing endpoint security, identity lifecycle, or device trust efforts.
- Significant (4+ years) experience working in enterprise security in the technology sector.
- Willingness to collaborate and mentor security operations analysts, including via documentation writing, code pairing, and other activities.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience building out security programs using modern SaaS platforms such as Zscaler, Crowdstrike, Wiz, Splunk, and other tools.
- Experience driving efforts around least privilege, just-in-time access management, and identity lifecycle management.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄