Lead Data Architect, CMS (remote)
Ad Hoc (View all Jobs)
1. Technical take-home assignment 2. Multiple video calls that are discussions of technical background and experience.
$113,900 - $149,040
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, Python, R
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The CMS business unit covers our work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including HealthCare.gov, Medicare.gov, and the Blue Button API. Our team supports CMS in building and improving online public experiences and APIs that are reliable, accessible, and user-centered. We are deeply embedded within CMS, partnering agency-wide to include with the Office of Communications, Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation. Our work includes helping millions of people enroll in healthcare and access Medicare and Medicaid benefits, as well as helping CMS improve the quality of Medicare and Medicaid services for beneficiaries and clinicians.
The Lead Data Architect is responsible for identifying data needs that are critical to the organization's short, medium and long-term strategy to ensure that data is translated and modeled to drive measured and actionable results. A Lead Data Architect will exhibit strong communication skills, with the ability to engage with data owners, engineers, and analysts to define requirements, evaluate data sets, identify variances, and recommend solutions that support a strategic and holistic approach to data integration, management and reporting.
The Lead Data Architect is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for engaging with data owners to identify business components and translating requirements into functional business intelligence portals and dashboards
- Accountable for the development and execution of data strategies, with the ability to provide oversight of the data components associated with acquisition, engineering and consumption work streams
- Responsible for developing an ontology-based semantic layer and setting standards for a common and recognizable visual language for all data users and sources
- Responsible for data governance, conducting inventory evaluations and subsequently developing solutions to eliminate identified data gaps and improve data maturity
- Identifies approaches for data management based on specific variables, inclusive of importance, complexity and probability of success
- Exhibits strategic and critical analysis leadership, with the ability to summarize findings and provide comprehensive recommendations
- Executes effective governance by collaborating with data owners and users to modify or implement new repeatable and reliable businesses processes
- Align data architecture and standardize data access patterns to make data available to business intelligence tools, apps, websites
- Ability to prioritize and translate complex data into dashboards and reports to inform decisions and drive actionable results that meet strategic goals
- Proficient in SQL and complex data schema design.
- Strong understanding of how to analyze large sets of data using statistical software languages such as R or Python
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team of product owners, engineers, designers and researchers, and adapts communication style to the audience
- Provides oversight of data organization, data dictionary standardization, and glossary development to align with data models
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $113,900 - $149,040 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄