Security Engineer III
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
PagerDuty is seeking our next Dutonian on the Infrastructure Security team. Do you relish the opportunity to design systems, tools and solutions that enable mission critical applications to scale securely? Do you enjoy contributing to organization-wide initiatives to automate, optimize, and secure? Do you believe in developing processes and solutions that make security the easy choice? Yes? Then you should join us! As a Security Engineer at PagerDuty, you’ll be a part of an amazing team that’s intensely focused on securing our products, improving our security processes, and building the future of security at PagerDuty.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You revel in the opportunity to build lovable security solutions that make developers and customers happy.
- Be a part of security initiatives like secrets management, identity and access management, vulnerability management, incident response, implementing security controls, and infrastructure.
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams. You will work closely with our internal development teams to ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- We practice Chaos Engineering, so you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in our Failure Friday sessions, where we deliberately break our systems, find weaknesses, and fix them proactively.
- With 10,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing security issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You get excited about incident detection, response and forensics.
- You believe in creating tools and automation that make security the easiest choice.
- Things that make you smile: Secure Infrastructure, systems, automation, analysis, coding, cute animal memes.
- You’re interested in and understand vulnerability management, patch management, and security tooling.
- You understand the importance of documenting, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others—no matter how senior or junior they are.
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- You enjoy mentoring and learning from your team and peers.
- 5+ years of experience as a Security Engineer in a large, enterprise environment. infrastructure, working closely with the SRE team, Implementing security controls.
- Must bring strong expertise in Kubernetes (EKS, K8s) and Security Incident Response.
- Technical stack experience required to be successful in this role:
- AWS Security (GuardDuty, CloudTrail, Secrets Manager, EKS/ECR, IAM family, Config), Vulnerability management (Qualys/Nessus, Twistlock, Snyk), SIEM (SumoLogic or Splunk), Container Security , CI/CD Discipline (Helm, Terraform, Chef), Security Incident Response & Risk Management.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Python, Phoenix/Elixir). Required for tools that are rolled out for integration, IaaS, and ability to deploy certain workloads.
- Current or past experience with obtaining FedRAMP.
- Auditing and security best practice of AWS; focus on IAM, network access and S3.
- Penetration testing, bug bounties and anything in between.
The base salary range for this position is 155,000 - 235,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄