Manager, Claims Learning & Development
Pie Insurance (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen with recruiter 2. Technical screen in the form of a pair-programming session to debug and test existing code 3. Final round is a multi-round session that typically includes demonstrations for backend, frontend, and design skills (and they are collaborative in nature) but are not odd Leetcode style questions. There is also a cultural/behavioral fit round, but that does not involve coding/design demonstrations.
$90,000 - $130,000
The Manager, Claims L&D is responsible for leading the Learning and Development function within the Claims organization and partnering with leaders and other stakeholders; manages all Claims L&D programs, including new hire line of business training, leadership and coaching development, Claims specific compliance trainings, and upskilling training across various lines of business (Workers' Compensation and Commercial Auto).
How You’ll Do It
New Hire Line of Business and Upskilling Training
- Assess current state of new hire and upskilling training programs; iterate and create for continued success and improvement of these programs
- Content creation and facilitation of new hire and upskilling training materials
- Track efficacy of programs and utilize data for continued growth and improvement
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Communication
- Support the development and communication of L&D programs, practices, and policies
- Promote a growth culture within Pie that emphasizes continuous learning and development
- Facilitate live training and discussions related to broader Claims team initiatives
- Partner with Claim's leaders and L&OD organization to extract themes and needs
- Collaborate with other content creation teams, including but not limited to the People & Talent functions, and Marketing teams cross-departmental projects as required
Own all L&D Processes, Systems, and Reporting
- Manage the technologies and tools required to develop, manage, and deliver trainings
- Verify and maintain accuracy of data
- Create metrics to evaluate training effectiveness
- Update and maintain training materials and tools (i.e.decks, pdfs, eLearnings, LMS, and reference materials) to reflect feedback and company changes
- Hire and develop Claims L&D specialists by identifying opportunities to grow and strengthen new skills.
- Manage the onboarding, coaching, and development of a team of L&D specialists
- Set strategy and goals for Claims L&D personnel in alignment with larger Claims goals and KPIs
- Strong leadership and performance management capabilities to guide and inspire Claims L&D personnel to achieve KPIs
Creation of Claims Specific Development and Compliance Trainings
- Collaborate with Claims senior leaders to create and maintain trainings to further the development of all Claims staff
- Partner with the Claims Compliance team to ensure regulatory compliance is delivered and completed by all Claims staff
The Right Stuff
- 3+ years of Property and Casualty and L&D experience
- 2+ years in leadership
- Advanced communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team
- Advanced problem solving skills, to be able to manage complex situations with multiple layers, and resolve to solution anticipating needs now and into the future.
- Advanced awareness of your own and your team's tasks, and how it impacts the organization and deliverables
- Advanced leadership skills with experience leading large or technical teams through complex deliverables.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (Slack is preferred)
- Excel, HRIS (e.g., WorkDay), LMS (e.g., Continu preferred)
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Compensation Range for position: $90,000 - $130,000
This role is remote from the Dallas area and may become hybrid in the future if Pie expands its office locations to this area. Hybrid work locations allow team members to work partially from one of our office locations and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄