Engineering Manager, Viewer Experience
Loom (View all Jobs)
1. Google Hangouts resume dive on past experience 2. Take-home project OR architectural phone screen 3. On-site interviews (2 technical architecture related to work, 1 or 2 non-technical)
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 14M users across more than 200k companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconic, and Coatue.
Empowering effective communication at work means much more than creating the simplest and fastest video recording product. Here at loom we spend a lot of time thinking about the person on the receiving end of that video too. Our viewer experience team is responsible for creating engaging, fast, and reliable video playback and collaboration experiences.
Loom is seeking a Engineering Manager to lead a mission-critical team of engineers working to continue evolving the quality and value of our viewing experience. On this team you’ll work closely with a team of fullstack engineers as well as data, research, design, and PM partners to deliver a world-class experience on loom’s most widely-used surface.
- Own implementation, quality, and timely delivery of new viewing experiences
- Support our highly-skilled team in their career goals and aspirations
- Foster a healthy, supportive, and inclusive work environment within the team
- Own a technical roadmap for our viewing experience, and collaborate closely with our design and product partners to create unified quarterly and yearly roadmaps for the team
- Lead efforts to continuously improve application performance and reliability within our viewing experience
- Advise and support the team on architecture, technical design, and debugging.
What We're Looking For
- A track record of shipping widely-used products with high-quality user experiences as an engineering individual contributor and as an engineering leader
- Previous experience leading a product engineering team with at least 3 direct reports
- You know how to delegate appropriately but are comfortable jumping into code and technical discussions when necessary
- Willingness to dive into unfamiliar technologies, and experience doing so
- Demonstrated experience leading overall design and implementation of projects involving extensive collaboration with other engineers, product, and design.
- Previous experience with video technologies is a plus
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement
How We Work
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄