Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 18M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Backend Engineer. You will build highly performant backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data stores, message queues, mobile and web platforms, and other systems. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with little to no assistance.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- A deep understanding of functional and object-oriented programming
- Ability to plan and implement complex data models
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code, data queries, and network requests
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
The ideal candidate:
- High-level languages (Go)
- Relational and eventually consistent databases (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Service-oriented architecture
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options: Fetch wants you to be on the rocketship with us! Options will give you the opportunity to share the excitement of the company growth and have your own stake in its success.
- 401k Match: We match 100% of the first 3% of your 401K contribution.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive PPO and HDHP plans (Dental | Vision | Life Insurance) in addition to pet insurance, fully covered for the first pet. Our bereavement leave also includes our furry friends.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides up to $10,000 per year in education reimbursement support for any job-related courses/programs/certifications. You will also have access to Udemy, an online course provider with thousands of topics to discover.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. Current groups include Amplify BiPoC, Amplify Women, Amplify LBGTQ+, Amplify Family, and Amplify Veterans.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our End-of-Year break.
- Robust Leave Policies: Whether it’s for you or a loved one, Fetch offers generous leave time for various health and personal needs that take you away from work. Our parental leave policy provides 18 weeks of paid time off for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and the option to create a flexible return to work schedule in the last few weeks of leave.
- Wellness Program: Utilize these tools and resources to bring your best self to work each day.
- Wellness coach on staff to help you create goals, provide accountability and support you on your wellness journey
- Nutrition counseling through Charge Nutrition
- Gympass membership to access in-person gyms, virtual workout classes, meditation apps, and much more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides no cost, confidential resources and services to help navigate life's many changes and challenges.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Chicago or Birmingham 1 - 2 times per week. We’ll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home.
- Social Impact Efforts: Take part in volunteer events or donate to your favorite organizations through BrightFunds.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄