Team Lead, Claims Customer Advocate
Pie Insurance (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen with recruiter 2. Technical screen in the form of a pair-programming session to debug and test existing code 3. Final round is a multi-round session that typically includes demonstrations for backend, frontend, and design skills (and they are collaborative in nature) but are not odd Leetcode style questions. There is also a cultural/behavioral fit round, but that does not involve coding/design demonstrations.
$70,000 - $95,000
The Team Lead, Claims Customer Advocate is responsible for leading a team of Customer Advocates and Shared Services teammates by monitoring workloads, providing management oversight, and providing technical and customer service direction on claims First Notice Of Loss intake and inquiry calls to ensure Pie is providing optimal claim outcomes and experiences for our customers. Additionally, this role is responsible for performance management and development of direct reports. The Team Lead will report through the Claims Operations leadership team to achieve team and departmental goals.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop & lead a team of Customer Advocates by ensuring the quality, accuracy, and timely resolution of First Notice of Loss Claim intake and inquiry calls for multiple Property and Casualty lines of business
- Monitor workflows, intake processes, handle time metrics, call volumes, and staff adherence
- Build and promote customer service excellence
- Hire and develop customer advocates by identifying opportunities to grow and strengthen new skills
- Resolve escalated agent, broker, policyholder complaints and/or concerns
- Develop and manage the daily operational processes for claim intake for multiple lines within property and casualty claims including workforce scheduling and forecasting
- Monitoring call activity to identify opportunities for improvement or resolve problems in real time to deliver exceptional quality and customer service
- Additional project assignments at managers’ discretion.
- Establish optimized processes to ensure an industry leading customer experience
- Partner and collaborate with Claims, Compliance, Quality, and L&D teams to foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Create development and improvement strategies for the team by providing direction to leadership on adjustments that support associate and customer satisfaction
The Right Stuff
- 3+ years of call center leadership experience
- 1+ year(s) of varying property and casualty first notice of loss (FNOL) experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of customer contact center and workforce management
- Advanced communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team.
- Advanced problem solving skills, to be able to manage complex situations with multiple layers, and resolve to solution anticipating needs now and into the future.
- Intermediate awareness of your own and your team's tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables
- Advanced leadership skills with experience leading large or technical teams through complex deliverables.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (Slack is preferred)
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Compensation Range for position: $70,000 - $95,000
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄