Carta (View all Jobs)
1. Chat with recruiter 2. Chat with one of our engineering leaders 3. Take home assignment that is not timed ( thinking about code production quality in arriving to a solution) 4. Virtual onsite (5 sessions: take home follow up discussion, architecture and design white boarding, chat with a product manager, chat about teamwork, and another meeting with hiring manager ~ about 4 hours) 5. Team matching (non-evaluative)
Programming Languages Mentioned
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
# About us
Vauban is making it easy to become a Venture Capitalist by providing the infrastructure needed as an online service.
Whether you want to create a syndicate (on a deal by deal basis), SPV by pooling together funds from a group of investors or create your own VC fund - our platform lets you fundraise from investors to back startups in a few clicks.
You focus on finding great startups to invest in, we sort out the rest. We have been trusted by angel investors and large venture capital firms alike to create over 500 funds & SPVs to date, onboarded over 6,000 investors and transacted over $1bn in capital.
We are not stopping there - we have recently joined forces with Carta as an all-in-one integrated solution to form syndicates, VC funds, & co-investment SPV programs built for scale and operating in the UK, EU, & US. Combined Carta x Vauban complements each other providing a full VC stack for the next generation of VC investors. under one platform - from leading your first $100K syndicate to managing a $1bn fund.
# The challenges you'll tackle
- Working within a dedicated team of highly experienced software engineers, QA team and business stakeholders
- Continuous collaboration with software engineers and business specialists across company to ensure requirement clarity and a quality mindset
- Working in an environment with frequent builds, automated test framework and software integration testing
- Designing test strategies and test plans based product specifications
- Execution of manual and automated tests
- Estimate the testing required and report issues within your team using the system in place
- Vue.js 2
- Typescript (NestJS)
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
# The impact you'll have
You'll be part of a team that wishes to rid the world of the pains that traditional law firms and accountants incur, and wow clients with a better way using automation and digitalisation - the Wealth Container.
Your mission will be to integrate our multi-industry ecosystem, contribute and expand one of the most unique platforms of the European Fintech space.
# Who you are
- Ideally 2 years of experience in software testing web applications and testings API’s using best practices
- Experienced on designing and implementing test plans and frameworks based on product specifications
- Good understanding of mobile, Web, API & database technologies and test frameworks
- A thirst for knowledge and following all that is new in the development world
- Self-starter, hardworking and happy to work in a dynamic work environment
- A desire to interact with both technical and non-technical team members to achieve exceptional results
- Excellent English communication skills
# What we can offer you
- Be a part of a growing technology start-up and shape the future of alternative investments
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Mafia Employee Syndicate - get access to and invest in the very best private deals in the world from small investment amounts. No other company can offer you this
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free IPA & great coffee
- Free Books
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Office in Shoreditch
- Team gaming nights/dinners and the best parties
- Opportunity to enrich our Spotify playlist
# About Vauban
Vauban was founded by Rémy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way we invest in private companies - by making it as simple and pain-free as how you would invest on Robinhood in public stocks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄