Manager, Acquisition Marketing
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
The Acquisition Marketing team is looking for a team manager to help accelerate pipeline and revenue growth from new customers. The team has a direct impact on Samsara’s long-term growth goals by leveraging data-driven tactics for B2B audiences.
As the team manager for Acquisition Marketing, you will help build and scale go-to-market strategy, programs, and tools that convert prospects into customers and increase the efficiency of every step of the funnel. This role is for you if you thrive by enabling a team to solve problems in a principled and data-driven way, want to make an impact at a fast-growing company, and love experimenting with new ideas to propel growth.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Coach and develop a high-performing team of 3 reports from day 1; build and scale the team to fuel future new customer growth
- Own quarterly and annual pipeline targets for all of North America and be responsible for enabling the team to achieve them
- Own a multi-million dollar budget and be responsible for utilizing it efficiently
- Drive pipeline and revenue growth by identifying new channels or tactics to scale and experimenting across the entire sales funnel to drive incremental revenue
- Support new areas of growth for the company by defining go-to-market strategies for new product lines, industries, or geographies
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years in growth, management consulting, finance, analytics, marketing, or a related area
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience owning and being held accountable to a pipeline or revenue target for a company
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar budget
- 1+ year of hands-on experience running digital lead generation channels at scale
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to succinctly communicate with stakeholders and key executives
An ideal candidate also has:
- 1+ year of experience with SQL, python, and/or other data analysis tools
- Experience with B2B marketing at scale
- Advanced Salesforce experience
- BS/BA in a quantitative field or equivalent experience required
- Spanish or French proficiency
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄