Senior Platform Engineer
Articulate (View all Jobs)
United States (Remote)
1. Take-home project 2. Pair program on a problem similar to daily work
Engineers on the product teams at Articulate work on complex full stack web-based applications. We believe the job of an engineer is more than just writing code. We are here to create experiences which delight our customers—that is always our top priority. In this role you will build performant systems and delightful tools that empower Articulate engineering teams to move quickly, safely, and reliably. This person sweats the details, focuses on quality results instead of effort, and sees problems as opportunities to learn and level up as a team.
What you’ll do
- Mentor and influence less-experienced team members in their technical career journey.
- Balance near-term engineering needs with long-term organizational direction.
- Address incoming requests for infrastructure support from internal engineering teams
- Assist in resolving outages and service disruptions by participating in an on-call rotation
- Ensure product engineers can easily add and manipulate infrastructure resources within their services by providing technical abstractions (Terrform modules, etc.) documentation, and education
- Be a living example of the best practices your team and adjacent teams should follow when building resilient, scalable systems and tools.
- Tenacious problem solving abilities across a broad spectrum of our team's problem spaces, including software engineering, infrastructure, performance, monitoring, security, reliability.
- Confidently lead and coordinate large-scale, cross-team, multi-disciplinary projects. Some recent projects this team has worked on or is still currently working on include: Beanstalk/ECS to EKS, building out interconnected data lakes, configuring automated backup systems that align with our SOC2 policies.
What you should have
- 4 years professional experience
- You have a growth mindset and a deep passion for continuous learning.
- You’re comfortable making your way in and around Linux, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS environments.
- You are proficient in using Terraform to manage infrastructure.
- You’re skilled in the art of troubleshooting systems. You can grasp both the problem at hand and the historical context of it. You also make smart decisions about how to move forward on a problem and make the system better and more reliable for your team.
- When you get stuck, as we all do from time to time, you are able to reach out to your team for help, showing that you understand the problem space and have already explored options to resolve it.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄