Sr. Manager Web, Advertising
Zapier (View all Jobs)
1. Recruiter interview 2. Take-home project 3. Code review of the take-home project 4. Technical discussions with hiring manager and engineers from the team, values interview.
Programming Languages Mentioned
We're looking for a Sr. Website Manager to join the Growth Marketing team at Zapier. In this role, you will be responsible for driving growth primarily through the Zapier logged-out website experience (e.g. homepage, landing pages, etc.).
Put your expertise to work, optimizing our website experience to drive signups, leads and performance. Whether the traffic arrives from social media, organic searches, or paid ads, you'll be responsible for the performance, working extensively with our analytics platforms and cross-functional teams, identifying actionable insights, and driving new testing and implementation. Using your experience with AB testing, you'll be the owner in driving ongoing improvements to usability, trying new tactics to meet (and exceed) KPI's and fostering stronger brand engagement.
The Sr. Manager must be a strategic and critical thinker with an innate ability to connect with prospects and customers in the B2B space. They should be obsessed with the marketing funnel and user experience on the web (as they relate to business objectives) and have a strong need (and know-how) to improve them. To start, you will have one direct report and will be reporting to our Director of Acquisition.
- You have 6+ years of experience in Growth, Program, Product management, or equivalent.
- A strong track record leading teams and inspiring the people who work with you to execute flawlessly against the long-term website vision and current priorities.
- Adept at leading hypothesis-driven A/B tests, designing experiments at scale, and running experiments.
- Highly analytical, good at using data to form a hypothesis and defining metrics to determine the success of initiatives.
- B2B background in qualified lead generation and performance marketing.
- You are a creative problem solver and critical thinker, adept at leveraging new technologies and collaborating with marketers, product managers, designers, and other web stakeholders.
Things You’ll Do:
- Top of Funnel ownership: Work with internal teams to drive the traffic strategy for Zapier websites and related properties worldwide.
- Analyze and monitor page performance and user behavior across site landing pages, generate data-driven hypotheses that inform strategies, and uncover areas of opportunity to improve the onsite experience.
- Own the end-to-end logged-out website creation and process using Builder.io and other 3rd party tools, with product and engineer partnership.
- Drive understanding of our users and their interaction with our website through in-depth user interaction and engagement analyses.
- Leverage Amplitude, FullStory, internal data, and other similar tools to develop and maintain a deep understanding of what's happening on the website and where to focus efforts next.
- Dive into user research, analysis, and experiment results to understand growth metrics and funnels.
- Provide regular reports on website trends, changes, problems & opportunities to stakeholders and colleagues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. product, engineers, analysts, and designers).
- Work collaboratively with business owners to ensure that the website content and UI align with optimal user journeys/flows and desired outcomes, keeping tracking and reporting capabilities in mind at all times.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of statistics (significance, p-value, sample size, etc.)
- Knowledge of spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Docs) and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Periscope, etc.).
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries (e.g. joins, unions, subqueries, case statements, window functions, etc.) and working with large data sets.
- Have B2B marketing experience.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
United States: 167,400-251,000 USD
Canada: 167,400 - 251,000 CAD
United Kingdom: 95,600 - 143,400 GBP
Australia: 202,500-303,700 AUD
New Zealand: 202,500 - 303,700 NZD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄