Senior Software Engineer (Payments)
PayIt (View all Jobs)
Kansas City, Missouri
1. Interns/Junior Candidates receive 1hr HackerRank take-home test (non-LeetCode). 2. No CS Trivia questions in interviews, collaborative pairing exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to modernize how residents interact and transact with government, improving the customer experience and helping our client agencies become more efficient. Our easy-to-implement platform consolidates hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience and enables our clients to drive resident trust, collect revenue quickly, and redeploy their staff to more important challenges.
This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors:
- GovTech 100 (2017-2022)
- Fast Company Innovation in Design Award (2019)
- LocalSmart Awards (2020)
- Smart 50 Award (2021)
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High integrity, drive, grit, high aptitude, and team orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
You are a seasoned Front-End Engineer who is also comfortable working on the back-end when needed. You will be opinionated about making scalable architectural decisions on the Front End that will impact our entire platform. You enjoy working collaboratively with a small group of primarily back-end engineers to make an impact on our industry-leading GovTech platform.
About The Payments Team:
As a Software Engineer on the Payments team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the Payments Platform services that move money for PayIt’s constituents and clients. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available services that millions of North Americans depend on every day. You will work with our partners to rapidly build new platform capabilities.
What You will be doing:
- Build out payments services on our platform which are used by the rest of the organization, third parties, as well as our clients and constituents.
- Design and implement high-volume services at the intersection of GovTech and FinTech.
- Build services that handle sensitive customer data that hold PayIt accountable to world-class standards for security and compliance.
- Work cross-functionally with product, business, and finance teams to develop best-in-class GovTech payments services.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Strong understanding of real-time payments systems
- Comfortable making impactful architectural decisions
- Comfortable working on back-end services when required
- Prior experience building maintainable code in a team-oriented setting using modern software-delivery methodologies while exemplifying extraordinary teamwork
Why Would You Work With Us?
- Our problems are interesting to solve, come with complex challenges, and impact all of our lives.
- Our tech stack is cutting-edge and cloud-native. We build REST-based microservices on top of SQL and NoSQL databases, running in Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- We use modern languages, frameworks, and tools.
- We integrate functional-style and dynamic object-oriented programming to produce code that is readable, easy to test, and highly scalable.
- We care deeply about accessibility, low latency, observability, scalability, and security.
Our Total Compensation Rewards Include:
- Salary + standard bonus plan
- Options for 100% paid for Healthcare Coverage (medical, dental, vision, & short-term disability)
- Retirement Plans - 401(k) + company match
- Wellness and Mental Health Perks
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Unlimited PTO
Ask Our Team About:
- PayIt Advancement Week
- PayIt Forward
- Our recent Investments from Insight Partners and Macquarie Capital
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of a customer-first mindset.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄