Senior iOS Mobile Engineer
Aura Frames (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, New York
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Followed by a few hours onsite writing code in our actual codebase.
$170,000 - $220,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why We Matter: Aura connects people around the world through a brilliant and simple photo-sharing experience. Founded by two early Twitter engineers, Aura began as a software company driven to connect people and deliver joy. We liberate the wonderful photos that might otherwise stay trapped on smartphones. Technology and innovation are at the core of every decision we make, but always in the service of bringing families and friends closer together.
Our iOS app is built on a hybrid of Swift and Objective-C code. We use some popular tools like Bitrise, Cocoapods, and AFNetworking. In addition to the user interface, we have developed a highly performant photo upload pipeline that runs in the foreground and in the background, so our users' photos can be classified quickly and easily. We also have a communication stack built on CoreBluetooth and the Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC) protocol, to make managing our hardware device simple and intuitive for our users.
How You Will Add Value: You will join our small mobile team, working closely with design and product, to improve, scale, and expand our iOS app to hundreds of thousands of happy customers. Our app is the primary touch point for our product, and is the key to delighting our customers. We're especially interested in someone who takes a strong customer-focused engineering approach. We believe that our customers and their needs should be at the center of every technical decision, and are relentlessly focused on delivering the best possible product. As a member of a small team, you'll be directly responsible for a large variety of highly-important projects. The team works in short sprints and values quick iteration, and close collaboration with design and other stakeholders.
What Excites You About An Opportunity:
- Own assigned projects from first line of code to release to production
- Develop new features, fix bugs, and make other improvements to our flagship iOS app
- Maintain and improve build systems, testing infrastructure, and QA processes
- Work on our Rails API as needed to support new app features
- Collaborate directly with designers to deliver beautiful and functional new features
- Participate in code review on GitHub
- Be responsible for your own weekly tasks through self-organization, communication, and time management
- Participate in daily standup meetings and others as necessary
We're Excited About You Because:
- Have at least 5 years of native iOS experience on an app with at least 10k MAU
- Be ready to work in a hybrid Objective-C and Swift codebase
- Have a deep familiarity with iOS technologies and trends
- Have experience building world-class UI on the iOS platform
- Are comfortable working in a small team and taking ownership over various aspects of the app
- Are focused on user experience and using metrics, research, and feedback to measure success
- Take a detail oriented approach to user interface, including comfort digging into design files from Sketch or Figma
- Work iteratively and think from the customer's perspective
- Are self-motivated and learns new skills quickly and constantly
- Can clearly communicate their decisions and present their work to management, engineering, and other stakeholders
Because You Matter: We believe in creating a happy and supportive work environment, so you can both excel at your job and actually enjoy coming into work each day. Compensation for this role will fall in the $170,000 - $220,000 range.
For full-time, US-based employees. Benefits may differ for part-time or international roles.
- 🏥 Comprehensive health plans - Aura pays 100% of the premium for employees and 50% for families.
- 📈 401(k) with match - Aura fully matches the first 4% of your salary contributed
- 🌯 Lunch and snacks - everyday in the offices
- 💪 $150 monthly fitness allowance - gym, coaching, etc
- 🏝 Generous time off - and you’re required to take at least 10 days off each year
Aura Home Inc. All rights reserved, Aura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄