Backend Software Engineer (Golang)
Axios (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Follow-up of take-home, involving a discussion.
$95k - $153k
Programming Languages Mentioned
Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring a Software Engineer to work in our backend codebase written in Golang!
Why it matters: Our engineering team enables our mission of delivering the cleanest, smartest, most efficient and trustworthy content to our users. You will be a core part of building our web-stack codebases (currently in python and Typescript), working closely with your squad on product direction, and helping less experienced developers develop their skills around testing, accessibility, and documentation.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Architect and build significant features across the Axios web site, content/media management systems, and feeds
- Building our products, including Axios.com, content creation tools, and other internal products
- Writing clean, well-documented, and well tested code in primarily backend frameworks
- Collaborating with your product squad to ensure we ship the best products possible on time
- Share knowledge through presenting at dev chapter meetings and demoing to team members and stakeholders
- Staying up to date with industry trends and collaborating on best practices
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and preferably have many of the following skills:
- Experience building APIs
- Experience building web-scale applications in languages such as (but not limited to) Python, Typescript, or Golang
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and understanding best deployment practices
- Experience with object-oriented design and data schemas
- Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
- Experience in a frontend framework, such as React, Angular or Vue
- Experience working in and around AWS services
- Experience working with product designers
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄