Senior Software Engineer - Platform WebUX
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to join our Web UX platform team and help shape the future user experience of Samsara's products. You will be a key player in architecture and design choices for new UI development across Samsara products. Together with Engineering, Product, and Design, you will research new opportunities, create new user experiences and prototypes, and be a key leader of the Samsara design system.
As a member of Web UX platform team, you will:
- Author and maintain UI components that are accessible, performant, scalable, and robust
- Work closely with product designers, product managers, and engineers to implement solutions for end user and business needs
- Act as a technical driver in the development of high quality, well-tested, documented, CI/CD-enabled, and high-performance software solutions
- Serve as an advisor for our frontend UI to teams and engineering leadership
- Act as liaison between product design/UX and engineering, providing technical guidance and coaching
- Lead best practice discussions on design systems
- Facilitate the distribution of ideas and maintain UI consistency across product lines
- Pursue personal growth by maintaining an awareness of the state of technology, engineering techniques, and best practices of design systems
- Facilitate special project planning including requirements elicitation, design, and scoping
- Manage your own time, and work well both on your own and as part of a team
What we're looking for:
Minimum requirements for the role:
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, or corresponding level of relevant education
- You have 5+ years of experience working professionally with modern development practices
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience building and maintaining a performant and responsive design system
- Understanding and interest for building and maintaining large applications as well as extensible libraries/frameworks/APIs
- Strong familiarity of web accessibility
- Experience with packaging systems (Webpack, Rollup, etc.), frontend testing frameworks (Jest, Enzyme, etc.), linting tools (ESLint, Prettier, etc.), Git, and Storybook
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄