Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure (6+ years of experience)
Airtable (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA ; Mountain View, CA
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
$248,000 - $322,905
Programming Languages Mentioned
Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating present and future growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. Data can play a critical role in understanding how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers, thereby enabling our team to improve users' experience and accelerate their rate of success.
As a member of the Data Infrastructure team, you'll make an enormous contribution to our burgeoning data efforts. You'll design and build systems that will enable analytics, experimentation, and user-facing features.
What you'll do
- Help architect, build, and scale our data platform, with an eye on security and privacy.
- Work on the data collection and processing pipelines across the entire stack, from client-side event logging to ETL. Systems you'll touch may include data warehouses using MPP databases (e.g. RedShift), orchestration systems (e.g. Airflow), streaming data processors (e.g. Kinesis), and distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark).
- Enable data products and data-driven decisions across the company by building and improving upon our data infrastructure. This includes making improvements to our experimentation system, scaling our data warehouse, enabling feature extraction, and serving large datasets.
- Work closely with the rest of engineering, as well as other stakeholders from our growth, sales, marketing, and product teams, to understand the data needs of the business and produce systems that enable better product and growth decision-making.
Who you are
- You're passionate and thoughtful about building scalable systems
- You have professional experience working with modern data storage and processing technologies, and you've wrangled enough data to understand how often the complex systems that produce data can go wrong
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language, and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done
- You have 6+ years experience in software development
Want to Learn More? Our team faces significant challenges surrounding performance & reliability, read more!
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $248,000 - $322,905 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄